New Cougar Forum banner
4181 - 4192 of 4192 Posts

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,716 Posts
I washed it last night, even though it's raining all week. Racing in the rain this past Sunday had covered it with a brown film, except for where the numbers were attached. So there was a silver ghost-image of 71 XS on the side.

One nice thing about Silver Frost is how it takes A TON of dirt to make it actually look dirty.

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
That's a good idea, I'll just do that if it acts up again. I've been thinking about disconnecting unnecessary systems anyway in preps for my next build.
Done. It acted up again. I might try disabling/removing the entire system this weekend.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,716 Posts
Huh. Could it be a door sensor maybe? Or perhaps the trunk sensor? I would troubleshoot by disconnecting one at a time to see if anything stops it. Those are ones that you can't really leave disconnected because the overhead console warning light would be on, but it would be easy enough to just check.

Door sensor plugs are right behind the rear side panel, near the seat belt retractor, and the trunk sensor is behind the large plastic panel between the tail lights.

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
I guess I was unclear. I just unplugged the hood switch this morning because it was acting up again after adjusting the hood elevation. TBD if the problem comes back again.

The reason I'm interested in removing as much of the system as possible is because I want to get all of my electronics and electrics down to the bare minimum required so I can use this car in a hot-rod build.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,716 Posts
Got it - I read that as you disconnected it and THEN it acted up again.

If your situation is like mine, this should "fix" it.

·
Administrator
11,633 Posts
Got the Cougar back from some paint work. Hood, roof and spoiler were resprayed and the rest of the car had some correction done. They did an amazing job on all the scratches. Had a separate shop also fix up a spare Visteon kit I grabbed a while back. They rebuilt some broken tabs and cracks, plus sanded off a ton of resin from someones previous experimenting with carbon fiber.

Just in time for it to keep raining for weeks on end.

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
Really good to see people making these cars great again.

Reactions: JScullin

·
Super Moderator
22,256 Posts
I was talking with my dad about doing a respray on Goldie (the race car is a lost cause, its gonna get beat up). There are 3 big gouges in the rock guard. Is that something that can be fixed and replicated? Is that originally sprayed on after the paint or before?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,716 Posts
The rock guard has been redone on the passenger side of the silver car.

·
5,303 Posts
Thumbs up, lookin' great. Love that color.

·
5,303 Posts
Drove it to Kroger, washed it, watched it turn over 82,000 miles, and then put the sun shade in.

4181 - 4192 of 4192 Posts