New Cougar Forum banner
4161 - 4180 of 4192 Posts

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,716 Posts
Love it - looks great. Except for that hellaceous kink in the MSDS Y-pipe; I can't believe that ever passed any kind of quality test. But that's got nothing to do with the excellent ceramic coating. I'm all in on that for this off-season.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've not spoken to him as I acquired these already on a car, but I've heard the same reasoning for other cars with longitudinally mounted engines. I'd pay whatever they asked if I could find a set of SHM long tubes for it, but there were what? 5 sets of those even built?

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Btw, now trying to disassemble my engine. Went really nice till i heared some clicking noise.

Please tell me I didnt f***k up my engine reallly bad an that it is just a minor issue. Pls

dropbox link:

·
Administrator
11,633 Posts
It looks like the pins holding the timing chain links are just grazing the other links. I have next to no knowledge of the tolerances in there, but did one of the guides just shift a bit during disassembly or not get tightened fully? Maybe lost a tooth in the gear?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am still disassembling the engine. My next step was setting the engine on time for dissassembly of the timing chains.

Things i have my doubts about:

by disassembling the crank pulley
bolt i had to put so much force with my breaker bar, my pulley may turned like max 2 cm (Less than an inch) counterclockwise. Was giving a counter force with waterpump pliers so the pulley didnt turn. But as i said it still turned a little bit counterclockwise when trying to dissassemble.

also when i put the pulley on for turning the timing, i also put the pulley wheel on. Big mistake. But i used a rubber hammer VERY VERY SUBTLE to get it off again. Also it was just on the edge of the crank so it didnt cost that much effort. But it got me thinking after this clicking.

I am so careful with this engine and if this pooped it up i will be very very veryy sadd :(

Sorry, hope that the story gets a bit clear, maybe a bit chaotic.

Kind regards from Holland,
Jurre

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,716 Posts
5mm wheel spacers and extended lugs installed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I lost a turn signal bulb, so I took the column apart and changed out the appropriate relay to begin swapping everything to LEDs. Front turn signals are done. It was a little hollow sounding, so I coated the face of the new relay that faces the column in sound deadener so it makes just a subtle click.

·
5,303 Posts
Yelled at my one of my kids for walking on my hood. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jurremans

·
Administrator
15,542 Posts
Scored a brand new oem redesigned returnless fuel pump on ebay for $50. The SVT will live again soon!

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,716 Posts
Scored a brand new oem redesigned returnless fuel pump on ebay for $50. The SVT will live again soon!
Rock Auto has those on closeout (old design Airtex) for $8. I picked one up on general principle.

Reactions: wadespencer99

·
5,303 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
My alarm horn has been acting up lately. I normally just jiggle the hood switch a few times and it clears up. Today when I shut the hood I noticed the P side of the hood was sitting a little bit lower than the fender. I unscrewed the hood bumpers out a little bit on that side so it sits at the correct elevation. Hopefully that fixes the horn beeping issue.
That hood switch did get oil soaked a few months ago so its possible its degrading and will need a replacement. If anyone has one, hit me up. A quick search isn't turning up any switches at the regular parts sites.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My alarm horn has been acting up lately. I normally just jiggle the hood switch a few times and it clears up. Today when I shut the hood I noticed the P side of the hood was sitting a little bit lower than the fender. I unscrewed the hood bumpers out a little bit on that side so it sits at the correct elevation. Hopefully that fixes the horn beeping issue.
That hood switch did get oil soaked a few months ago so its possible its degrading and will need a replacement. If anyone has one, hit me up. A quick search isn't turning up any switches at the regular parts sites.
Can you send me a photo?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,716 Posts
That happened to me, too; I just unplugged the hood switch and forgot about it. It disables the entire alarm system, but nobody wants to steal this car anyway, being 22 years old and having 3 pedals as it does. PATS still functions on the ignition just fine.

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
That's a good idea, I'll just do that if it acts up again. I've been thinking about disconnecting unnecessary systems anyway in preps for my next build.

4161 - 4180 of 4192 Posts