New Cougar Forum banner

4141 - 4160 of 4170 Posts

·
Administrator
11,626 Posts
Are you having to purchase two sets of wires to get enough long wires to work? The little bit of datalogging I did on Foundracer showed a significant difference between the banks when I was using one brand on one bank and another brand on the other bank. I ended up getting two sets of Motorcraft wires and it made a world of difference.
The NKGs reached fine and actually had enough reach for 4,5,6 plus some slack for routing. I haven't datalogged it yet.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,675 Posts
I NEVER lost a cluster light in my 2000 - just one in the HVAC panel. But the red 1999 I bought a few years back had several bad bulbs in the cluster. I grabbed a whole load of them from the junkyard once, so I should have some spares here if anyone needs them.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,675 Posts
Driving down to the shop tonight to put the finishing touches on it. Going to the exhaust shop on Tuesday for that last detail to get checked off. Racing May 30.

·
Administrator
11,626 Posts
I really need this car to stop breaking new parts. Like, barely used and bought new parts.
Inner tie rods and alternator on the list.
I keep pushing out paint correction because I’m trying to end these mechanical nickel and dime repairs.

·
Administrator
11,626 Posts
I think when I had the transmission done at a shop some bolts not related to my car we’re in a bag under the drivers seat. Those got loose and grounded out on the motor because a patch of carpet was melted. Tested the grounds and everything was fine, battery drain solved.
Also, found this:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 1999 cougar i need to know how many cylynders it is
Nothing today but on Sunday I went to where it's stored and set some fresh mouse traps (never hurts and I'd rather have 'em and not use 'em than have a shredded interior!) and also pulled the aussie headlights so I can start converting them to have the appropriate low-beam cutoff for a LHD vehicle. I'm hoping to get those done before the salt goes away and it's time to bring it out for the year. If I have time I'd like to try to get the pins for my aerocatch latches cut to length and installed as well.

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Okay, I'll bite:

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Finished my Indy trip yesterday. Very happy with how the car performed overall. Still has lots of power, still getting great highway mileage. I averaged 31 MPG heading east. Pretty happy about that. My power steering leak appears to be fixed (knock knock).

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,675 Posts
Man, these things just run forever if you care for them correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
I stared at the car for a bit while doing my workout, does that count for anything?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,675 Posts
I hate that; I can't leave my Kiwi3 in the OBD port when the car is parked because it's always pulling current. It's a drag to have to plug those devices in anytime you get in the car, and pull them every time you park it.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
I've long thought a wireless charging system for cars would be a good product for car enthusiasts as well as retired people. Just throw a pad down under the car, install one to the underbody of the car, boom, instant trickle charger as long as you park within range of the pad. Wouldn't have to worry about plugging it into a charger, or unplugging in when you need to go somewhere, or driving the car to keep the battery charged, etc. You talk to any AAA battery service tech, especially if they're from Florida or the Southwest, and they'll tell you the number one issue they see where a battery dies under warranty is because it never gets driven and discharges.

It's the same thing with lawn tractor batteries, I know people who complain that they have to replace them every spring, and each time it's the same old story "well did you unhook the battery and put it on a trickle charger?" "No, I parked the mower behind the shed and when I went to start it up in the spring the lights didn't even come on." Every. SINGLE. TIME!

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
My understanding is that the X4 has a "sleep" mode but that it doesn't truly shut down as long as it has power available.

·
5,296 Posts
Began the process of cleaning out the garage on Saturday, in order to finally get the Cougar inside.

Anybody need a stock UIM and throttle body? Otherwise it's going to salvage. Not sure there is any use for it outside of going back to stock.

·
Administrator
11,626 Posts
I survived a car correction class and skid pad. Car did too. The car had infinite traction and grip and didn’t get unruly until I purposely pushed it to step out but it was easily recovered. Pretty awesome to test out all the work put into it and not break it.

Only issue was overheating. Only took a few laps to push the coolant into 220s and start bubbling. Is there better stuff out there?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I took possession of my Headers once again after their visit to Jet-Hot. Haven't tested them to see how the supposed 56% reduction in radiant heat works out yet, but from a quality of the coating standpoint, top notch work inside and out.

Before:

After:

4141 - 4160 of 4170 Posts