New Cougar Forum banner

4121 - 4140 of 4170 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, I popped the old hood back on because the kaminari was getting tired and I really like it. Of course this has some scuffling from storage but I was thinking wrap anyway, View attachment 81630
I love your license plate 😝

Can you show your front lip in other detailed pictures please? What is?

·
Administrator
11,626 Posts
I love your license plate 😝

Can you show your front lip in other detailed pictures please? What is?
Thanks. It’s a Visteon kit. Came on some special editions back in 2000.

With the old hood.

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Staged one of my factory 17's next to my Kids FiST this weekend to see how it would look.
I think the Fiesta has great wheels already, but the Cougar was a special car to her so it would mean a lot if I get them restored and give them to her. I need to figure out how to customize the center caps for her though...Cougar heads wouldn't make a lot of sense.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,675 Posts
Looks great! The Zn wheels are some of the best ones ever offered on the New Edge, looks-wise; they have a kind of RPF1 look at first glance. They are all too heavy, but that's not really an issue for most.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I need to figure out how to customize the center caps for her though...Cougar heads wouldn't make a lot of sense.
Unless you have the textured caps, there are plenty of companies who will make you vinyls for the caps of anything you want relatively cheap. I should think it would hold up as well as any other vinyl decals/wraps if applied properly.

Finally got around to ordering an MSDS y pipe, and got quoted $440 by Jet-Hot for all three pieces.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,675 Posts
Ugh, I should send mine to Jet-Hot. I have a stainless Y-pipe, but my headers are mild steel and I have to shoot those with hi-temp once a year, and they still rust. Stupid vented hood...

Interested to know what their turnaround time is. I might just send them off before the 2022 season.

·
Registered
145 Posts
They say 10-15 days for the classic polish, and an extra week for extreme temp or colours. I have a stainless y pipe too as well as a good factory one, but I want it to fit right and match so a couple hundred bucks for the part and coating is a drop in the bucket.

Seeing as I am in contact with someone sponsored by them whos a friend of the owner and runs his own powder coating business, I may have a way to get it done even cheaper... I'll keep you posted on that as I turn up more, seeing as he also happens to be in Ohio.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,675 Posts
Very nice. I’ll definitely be on board for this winter, once all the racing is done.

·
Super Moderator
22,253 Posts
put the kid seats in it. they have been wanting to ride in goldie. havent had the seats in it since i got the truck. i like it that way, but they miss being in it. i dont miss the car seats being in there. cant wait til they are big enough to not need them. life will be much easier

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
My windows and door locks randomly stopped working while driving yesterday. The locks have been acting a little weird for a while now so its not a surprising development, just annoying. They came back to life ten minutes later while braking to a stop off the highway. I need things to stop going wrong on this car for just a little bit longer. One more month should get it to retirement.
I suspect a bad ground but haven't put any real effort into figuring it out yet. I guess it could be wear and tear in the door jamb too...I haven't really heard of anyone having that issue on these cars but its obviously a point of suspicion.
I did dig out a spare PS pump I have in the basement and took the elbow off of it so I can try to fix my PS leak tonight after work, maybe I'll poke around the door electrical stuff if I have time.

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Well, I popped the old hood back on because the kaminari was getting tired and I really like it. Of course this has some scuffling from storage but I was thinking wrap anyway, View attachment 81630
If that old Kam hood is in need of a new home and still saveable...

·
Administrator
11,626 Posts
I'll mull it over. One bolt for the hinge sheared off inside and broke several taps trying to drill it out, it's got some gouges here & there, some general waviness and it doesn't align well with the drivers side fender. Not sure if it was a heat thing or what but it'll need some work to get it good if you're a stickler for that stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
If you dont think its saveable with a reasonable amount of manpower than I believe you. Hoping Ralycat's supplier turns out to be good, then I'll just order a new one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I mean, if you want to try combining what I have with it, I have 2/3 of a hood in good condition... all of the bolt points are there if you wanted to cut one out and glass it into the other hood. I did get it refunded, so figure out how to get it and it's yours. DarkCat00 has the two grills for the scoop I had though, or at least they arrived at the address he provided...

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
I don't want to get myself into a huge fiberglass job. I've got enough plates spinning as it is.
Also, JScullin is just a half day round trip for me, Michigan...not so much.

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Drove it just under 600 miles yesterday. Traffic and road construction are really awful right now, it took me 11 1/2 hours.
But the car ran well enough. I get a little stutter right around the IMRC trigger point but if I speed up or slow down it goes away. Other than that, she's still getting the job done. This is probably my last road trip in this car, it will be about 1800 miles when all is said and done.
The light in the clock section of my gauge cluster seems to have gone out on me...strange, I've never lost a light in the cluster before.

Before the trip, I took a crack at fixing my power steering leak. Keeping my fingers crossed but so far so good.

I'm also 99% positive the electrical problem in my windows and locks is a bad ground...The ground those devices go to is dangling out of the bottom of my car:eek:. I tucked it back up in the rust hole for now and if it gives me any more problems I'll stick to a new spot with a sheet metal screw. I guess if I took the carpet and plastic trim out of the interior I probably would have a through-hole very similar to what B3nn3tt was dealing with.

·
Administrator
11,626 Posts
Traffic has been a nightmare around here, too. Put new plug wires in (NKGs) to see if it cleaned up some of the choppiness I'm getting at WOT from 1-2 according to the dyno. I've yet to find a stretch of road where it's not constant traffic or congested.

Upside is it feels like there may be improvement.

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Traffic has been a nightmare around here, too. Put new plug wires in (NKGs) to see if it cleaned up some of the choppiness I'm getting at WOT from 1-2 according to the dyno. I've yet to find a stretch of road where it's not constant traffic or congested.

Upside is it feels like there may be improvement.
Are you having to purchase two sets of wires to get enough long wires to work? The little bit of datalogging I did on Foundracer showed a significant difference between the banks when I was using one brand on one bank and another brand on the other bank. I ended up getting two sets of Motorcraft wires and it made a world of difference.

·
5,296 Posts
The light in the clock section of my gauge cluster seems to have gone out on me...strange, I've never lost a light in the cluster before.
One of those is out in my cluster as well. Doesn't bug me enough yet to actually do the work to replace it.

4121 - 4140 of 4170 Posts