New Cougar Forum banner

4041 - 4060 of 4114 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
So that is the XR version? OkI
I didn't know.

Very modern wheel design for the 2002
Very poor stock FAKE scoop mounting (look at the long screw inside the hood)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Very modern wheel design for the 2002
Very poor stock FAKE scoop mounting (look at the long screw inside the hood)
My favourite stock wheels and rear wing, but even though I had one of those scoops lying around for a while I bought a hood with a real scoop. I think Jeremy Clarkson gave a pretty accurate review of the model:
or at least very much in line with my feelings. (Although unlike him I hate Alfa Romeo) I generally dislike FWD, but the Cougar is a definite exception.

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
I'm pretty sure its all stock
That looks incredibly well cared for to the point I'd say sell it to someone who wants a clean example to keep as-is or had always wanted one and is looking to buy a clean example.

Unless you really have a reason to keep it and mod it right, without hacking things up. Are you someone who wants to drive a car spiritedly through back roads or mash the gas on highway and drag strip and keep it pointed straight?

·
Registered
18 Posts
That looks incredibly well cared for to the point I'd say sell it to someone who wants a clean example to keep as-is or had always wanted one and is looking to buy a clean example.

Unless you really have a reason to keep it and mod it right, without hacking things up. Are you someone who wants to drive a car spiritedly through back roads or mash the gas on highway and drag strip and keep it pointed straight?
yes i am i want to go really fast and have some big meaty tires

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm pretty sure its all stock
Very nice XR, who ever had it took real good care of it. Those XR’s are rare to find with the leather interior not all ripped up. I bought a 2001 Yellow Zn last March. It has all black leather interior. Needs a good cleaning but I pretty good shape. Some rust but not bad. It’s also a manual which are harder to find these days. That one is my 3rd new gen cougar. I have owned my 2000 since 2004 and it’s still an amazing and fun car to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very nice XR, who ever had it took real good care of it. Those XR’s are rare to find with the leather interior not all ripped up. I bought a 2001 Yellow Zn last March. It has all black leather interior. Needs a good cleaning but I pretty good shape. Some rust but not bad. It’s also a manual which are harder to find these days. That one is my 3rd new gen cougar. I have owned my 2000 since 2004 and it’s still an amazing and fun car to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats a sick hood

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Does I decided to kill it count as doing something?

·
Registered
123 Posts
thats a sick hood
I thought so too, but mine arrived destroyed...

It will be a few weeks before I see it, but my replacement should be a twin to this:

PS: @DarkCat00 I have TWO complete grilles (2nd was stapled into the box end, found it cutting it up lol) for you already packed sitting on my table waiting for me to remember to ship them since February...

·
Super Moderator
22,241 Posts
generally in racing sanctioning bodies modifications of any kind put you into different classes. What we consider the "standard mods" at a minimum put you into DSP in SCCA autocross, where you will be up against BMW's that will pull a front tire in a hard corner.

Since you just got the car I would drive it for a bit and see what its capable of in stock trim and go from there with suspension mods like jscullin said. They are surprisingly quick in the corners while stock

·
Registered
41 Posts
not done today but that week

....wanted to do that mod since the very first time i cleaned the cab air filter and discovered that area...

lets overcool that underhood! always maintaining a STOCK LOOK!
with the stock hood for street use!
or in combination with an hyper vented track hood for track days!

get forced to modify the cab air filter too, with a low position feed, protected from water and heat
(i'm not a car manufacturer who has to respect CE normatives or something like this, so just putted 3 layers of motorcycle air filter sponge)

IMG_20210501_083828.jpg
IMG_20210501_083820.jpg
IMG_20210501_083824.jpg
IMG_20210501_083846.jpg
IMG_20210501_083856.jpg
IMG_20210501_083932.jpg
IMG_20210501_081547.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
oh yeah ive never been on anything like this before so i have no idea what im doing i just know i love cars more than anything in the world

4041 - 4060 of 4114 Posts