New Cougar Forum banner

3881 - 3900 of 3914 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I'm debating on if it's worth fixing my Kaminari hood (sounds like they're not making it anymore) because it needs a hinge bolt drilled out and some fiberglass work.
If you decide to get rid of it, hit me up. That sounds like repairs I might be willing to tackle.
Figuring out how to make a 3.0l UIM work with an OEM hood (IAC doesn't clear) or using a spare hood to cut up and see if I can make a S style scoop and fiberglass something.
Are you sure it wont clear? I'm pretty sure some do. I'll ask my dad to check the clearance on mine. Maybe you just need a different UIM? If not, it would probably be a simple matter to make two IACV relocation plates with hoses between them to put the IACV somewhere else. If I had a place to do it, I would offer to make them for you just because it sounds like a fun little project. I think I probably even have some aluminum plate laying around.
When I tried to put a 3.0 UIM on my 2.5, I was able to shim the hood hinges up a bit and it really wasn't noticeable unless you really looked at the hood line.
Another option might be to shim the drivetrain down a bit with shims on the engine and trans mounts, although that's probably the hardest of these options.

·
Administrator
11,545 Posts
If you decide to get rid of it, hit me up. That sounds like repairs I might be willing to tackle.

Are you sure it wont clear? I'm pretty sure some do. I'll ask my dad to check the clearance on mine. Maybe you just need a different UIM? If not, it would probably be a simple matter to make two IACV relocation plates with hoses between them to put the IACV somewhere else. If I had a place to do it, I would offer to make them for you just because it sounds like a fun little project. I think I probably even have some aluminum plate laying around.
When I tried to put a 3.0 UIM on my 2.5, I was able to shim the hood hinges up a bit and it really wasn't noticeable unless you really looked at the hood line.
Another option might be to shim the drivetrain down a bit with shims on the engine and trans mounts, although that's probably the hardest of these options.
I modeled and had a friend 3D print mounting plates to relocate the IAC but haven't gotten around to how to do the tubing bit. Car has all new motor mounts so it def sits high as you can see it through the Kaminari scoop I had cut open underneath.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
There's a lot of Youtube videos on making your own molds and copies. It's much more accessible than it was 15-20 years ago.
Yeah thats what gave me the idea lol. Youtube makes all of us experts.

·
8,532 Posts
Passed emission testing again! Only the usual issues - getting the OBD plugged in, and having to call a a manager to approve it (since I got the new engine, the emissions check always has to call the on duty manager to confirm something...my guess is the VIN in the PCM doesn’t match the chassis). Good for two more years!

·
Administrator
15,506 Posts
Luckily no damage that I can find...and one pin on the fuel pump harness lights up my test light when the key is on. So sounds like maybe the pump died?
Anyone happen to have a fuel pump wiring diagram for a returnless car so I can confirm what pin should have power with the key on?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
If youre measuring at the pump housing it looks BRN/YEL or WHT/BLK.

Reactions: wadespencer99

·
Registered
7 Posts
The orange zone is the location of the problem.
Trying fixing the problem myself. Only have some trouble to replace the burned connectors, can't find them on the internet for sale.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The orange zone is the location of the problem.
Trying fixing the problem myself. Only have some trouble to replace the burned connectors, can't find them on the internet for sale.
View attachment 81103
Ok, the engine Bay Area. If it was under the dash I have a spare wiring harness. Your best bet is to go to a junkyard and see if u can get that section of wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,511 Posts

I modeled and had a friend 3D print mounting plates to relocate the IAC but haven't gotten around to how to do the tubing bit. Car has all new motor mounts so it def sits high as you can see it through the Kaminari scoop I had cut open underneath.
Dad checked the clearance on my stock hood over the holiday and had plenty of room to spare. Much like the space for replacing the serp belt, I suppose it may vary from car to car.

3881 - 3900 of 3914 Posts