New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Ya those are just part of the grill that comes off ( a bit too easily) to help you change the foglight bulbs, if you had them. Unfortunately they didnt change to a one piece grill even for people with out fogs.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Ya those are just part of the grill that comes off ( a bit too easily) to help you change the foglight bulbs, if you had them. Unfortunately they didnt change to a one piece grill even for people with out fogs.
If i remember correctly the front tow hook is located behind that panel.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
I was told it was to place the engine block heater plug in a post long ago.

Looks like the previous owner possibly hit something. The bottom of the bumper is scratched up, and I can see on the right side that your splash guard is popped up a bit. Got that knocked out when I hit a dog once. It does not make the fog lights easier to get to. Those are easy enough to just get from underneath and behind. I believe the tow hook can be accessed from below the splash guard as well. Definitely not through there.

Bad pic but you can use it for reference. Your best bet is probalbly the ford dealer, or even ebay maybe? It would be hard to find an 01-02 in a junkyard.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
I was told it was to place the engine block heater plug in a post long ago.

Looks like the previous owner possibly hit something. The bottom of the bumper is scratched up, and I can see on the right side that your splash guard is popped up a bit. Got that knocked out when I hit a dog once. It does not make the fog lights easier to get to. Those are easy enough to just get from underneath and behind. I believe the tow hook can be accessed from below the splash guard as well. Definitely not through there.

Bad pic but you can use it for reference. Your best bet is probalbly the ford dealer, or even ebay maybe? It would be hard to find an 01-02 in a junkyard.

Wasnt sure on a 01-02... on my 2000 they are most definately part of taking out the fog lamp to change the bulb.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
damn i wish i saw this a week ago. but oh well that piece u need which i had, found a new home in the trash

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.