New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the c/f grill i have been working on for the past month. So what does everybody think about it?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
ooooo... carbon fiber!! I like em! Have you put them on your car yet?
If so lets see pics of that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I haven't installed it yet.I just picked the c/f one up from the shop sat. I still have to make some brackets for it.

So would anybody be interested in one if i started selling them?
This is an offer to Ohio neco only for the time being.

Later
Justin

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I definally would depending on price.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
that looks really really nice! how much would it be if you sold it to us? nice work man!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Id say its gonna be alot, but either way Im interested. My price thoughts, over 200 since the plane fiberglass one is like 130.
Let me now when you find out etc.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Very nice indeed. I like em a lot. Not interested in purchasing but I would think there would be a nice market for them on here.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey everyone I am glad that everybody likes it.

I have been in contact with my c/f guy and I think that I can get the grills made,cleared,and assembled for about $150 plus shipping. This price is on a grill to grill basis.I think it might be possible to get a group price if there is alot of interest. Also right now I have mine in the shop getting it cleared and will try to get it mounted as soon as I can and get some pics of it

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I think it looks great. However, i also think it would look a bit out of place on any car that doesn't have a carbon fiber hood.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey everybody I think Brian might be right so I got ahold of the shop and I plan on offering colored carbon fibers.The color options are red,yellow,blue but there is an additional cost it will be around $20-30.

I have released this item to Ohio neco because I am interested in your opinions good or bad. So if anyone else can think of anything I would love to hear your ideas.Well thank you everyone for your input it is helping me with the final developement stages.

later
Justin

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
its very very sweet that you got this done man. cant wait to see it on a cougar, and i cant wait for a price. if the price is within reach for me, i might be getting this and a carbon fiber hood this year instead of a body kit. keep us posted on this man! nice work!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I am pretty pissed about this because I didnt want to go main stream until I got the production process off of the ground.

Well I am still going to hook you guys up with a discount for being in ohio neco.So if anyone wants them I will sell any color for $150 and no shipping on the regular c/f ones

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
how long will this deal be for? the next thing on my list is definatly an exhaust. then if this deal will last long enough, a hood, then this. or maybe this then a hood, and i could just hold onto this untill i get the hood. or something like that.

on a side note, are you going to be selling these yourself? or are you going to sell them to like customcougar.com or something? or what are your future plans for product sales?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I was planning on selling them through cc.com but for you guys /gals I was just going to sell them to you .The price will either stay the same or go down for ohio neco only. The original post was to just get interest for the item and then I was going to try and sell them on cc.com but now I might just try selling them outright.I was only worried about trying to sell them because I am a noob as far as post go and I didnt know how everyone would respond.

Later
Justin

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
brand new CF piece, custom made for our cars, with pics= people not caring weather your a noob or not lol.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
He's right. When i finished my angel eyes and posted pics of them so many people liked them that i started to get bombarded with pm's from people asking if i would make them some. I had barely been on the boards at that time. I still get questions every now and then from people asking me about how to make them and such.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts