New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Originally posted by: FastCougar
I think that the tach in the middle of the dash is too small :rolleyes:
I thought that was a clock! j/k. Are they functional?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: frenchblueC2
I'm not a big fan of the huge clock gauge, especially dead center of the dash.

no offense, but isn't the purpose of gauges to monitor performance?
its a tach and the light flashing is quite benificial when driving as the tach that comes on the car isnt the most acurate thing in the world, tho i dont like its location

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: leibler

I can't come to terms with a performance objective just yet,
Originally posted by: leibler

Tell me what you think.
new member + monster tach in middle of dash + not sure of performance + an open invitation to say what we think = a very bad bad idea :tongue:

i THINK you should remove the tach in the center...

but i like the rest :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
isn't there a way you can take the shift light without the big ass tach? you really don't need two of them.

What other guages do you have in the a-pillar?

hows the cold air box working? I wonder if it has any performance benefit over a standard ram air intake

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i think it looks good...and the fact that you intend on building up your motor and adding a turbo is awesome

i also dont' like the location of the tach....however i do realize it's function and how they're more accurate which means more accurate than just a shift light as well....

lighten up on him...the bandwagon of bashing is lame..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I like the guage where it is. The only other location for it would be on the other side, but then it will probably look cluttered. I think that having it on the right side kind of evens out the look. Especially at night with the guages lit up. Plus, if you moved it wouldn't you then have holes in your dash from the mounting of the guage in it's original position?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts