New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a little plan I may be working on here..... with a sub wall/cyclinder - dont ask - i wont tell you - i havent decided yet

Im prolly looking at getting 4-6 12" subs - and thinking about the JL WOs.
I dont want to spend the $$ on W7s or even W6s.

just looking for input overall.

thanks

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
JL's entry level subs, work well , play decent, good for lesser wattage systems. Probably the most common JL sub for price and quality. Having 4-6 in a wall would be worth it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
in stead of getting 4-6 cheap subs why dont you get like 2-3 w7s cause w7s are insane
plus it would be better to have more expensive subs for shows

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i would say for the extra couple hundred bucks and that much show it would be better to go with the W3's way more power then the W0 and sound a whole lot better...the W7's would be a bit much i think espesially if you are at all concerned with the weight of your car...6 w7's at like 50 pounds each...plus the weight of the 6 amps your gonna need to run them..the extra batteries..Caps and wires...you will easily be adding in excess of 500 pounds to your car...just my thoughts though...i am still waiting to see 6 12's in a coug that still has the back seats though...post some pics when you get it done..

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
the w0's aren't bad, but there the lowest jl sub. Id go with the W3's. or try another sub. What happened to your kickers did you sale them.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
see guys i unfortunately sold the cougar about 1.5 months ago :cry::banghead::cover::crazy:

i bought a Toyota 4Runner - dont know what im going to do to it yet.
I know i want to put a sick system in the back, flowmaster exhaust, and maybe 20,22,24" rims?

im not going to show the truck like i did the cougar - i might enter sound competitions, but I havent decided yet.

id still like to save up and buy another car to hook up

so with the 4runner - im not really concerened about weight
i do want SPL though

i might consider the W3s, not doing W6s or W7s - just not going to spend that much
plus my friend has mad connections - im sure it will come down to price
id rather not have WOs b/c i know they are bottom of the line - but if i have enough of them i thought it might be doable?

just now have to figure out what im going to do for amps? how many, what kind, where they would go ect...

attached are some pics of the new ride
and you can see
my cougar here

pics of other set ups would be nice - im always open to ideas

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
y get rid of the cougar for that?!?!not sayin toyota isnt nice, but ur cougar was hella kooler

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
y get rid of the cougar for that?!?!not sayin toyota isnt nice, but ur cougar was hella kooler

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its not like i sold the cougar to get the 4runner

its just what i happened to buy

i dont know why i sold it - a little pressure from the boyfriend at the time and me thinking it all summer
not even with the guy anymore - but who knows
he's in the hottest car club for my area of NY and is known well in various other touching states

he sold his subura wrx sti - and then i got ride of mine.....

things were starting to go - i never had a problem with the coug previously though
was at 92,000 miles - so afraid to hit 100,000
i needed new brakes - no biggie - had rear drum brakes - wanted to convert over to 4 disc
atx - wanted an mtx
the shifter cable needed to be replaced - when i was in park 1/2 the time couldnt take the key out of the ignition
no cruise - no biggie
i needed to reupholster the back door panels again - way too hot this summer and passenger side started to come up, and i couldnt get it to stay down
tired of having a broken sunroof
b/c i bought the car used - it had a lot of dings and dents on the outside - if i would have kept the cougar this winter she would have gotten a new hood, a lot of molding and shaving, and a new paint job - putting me about another $5000 in debt
had to worry about a place to store her over the winter months

im sure there are some other reasons why i sold it, but who knows

if anythng i wanted to keep my deck and my fiberglass install - but was talked into selling the deck :( and the more i thought about it the fiberglass box was custom made to fit in the trunk of a cougar, with the deep whole where the spare tire went - so its not like i could have just tranferred it over to my new vehicle - and the kid that bought my car offered me an extra $3000 to keep it in the car

i sold my cougar for $13,000

yes i wish i kept it - i mean **** in the past 2 years every show i went to i won a trophy, if not more than 1 at each show. im ending the cougar season attending 16 shows and walking with 19 trophies.
it got to the point where i was tired of going to a show at 9am - waiting around all day until 6pm just to get my trophy, that i knew i was going to get at 9am.

next year is a new year - who knows what ill have??? another coug - maybe

G

·
hey bro i sugest u get the wo's my bro has 3 in a custom box in an explorer and they pound like no tommorow, u wont have no regrets trust me, well good luck bro

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks purrrrrrrrrrr

BTW - Im no "Bro":banhim:

:stupid:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Jenna...if ur looking for a good sub for cheap...u might want to consider the MTX8000 series subs. they are going on ebay for like $100 shipped from california. i've heard them before and by no means are they better than the w3's, but a whole lot cheaper, and can handle about the same power with little distortion. plus they look very nice if u want to invert them.

just a suggestion tho

1 - 14 of 14 Posts