New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
personally id leave the stock... i like both versions better than that. I mean honestly do you real want the same wing as some one elses stock wing?

For me the cougar is all about sweeping curves not strait lines... the side of that wing sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Yes, if ur car is dropped a few inches or u got a bodykit on it or on the way.
No, if the car if just bone stock on the outside & staying that way.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
don't go spoilerless... especially if you are planning on doing some extreme body mods.. it makes the car look too heavy and low

I find it ironic that in the early days people without spoilers were shunned because it meant that they had a I4 or a non-sports package Coug.. now people are shunned for having a spoiler.

My opinon is that a spoiler regardless if stock or not will balance out the rear if applied properly.. I say it that way because I don't approve of tall aluminum Ricer wings.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i will say this...i personally would never EVER go spoilerless...i don't like the way MY car would look without one. some cars can get away with it but i don't think mine is one of them.

Crispy if you ever decide to change the wing look of your car may i be the first to call dibs.

·
Administrator
15,616 Posts
Spoilers suck.

EDIT: I'm rethinking that for exception of the Roush, Visteon, and other rounded spoilers that are on the market. They don't suck, but your car has to be able to pull it off.

My car did not pull off the stock wing very well, so it went away, and I've found that I like the smooth look. I am considering the S spoiler though, depending on what the upper one looks like.

I will say that any aluminum/carbon fiber flat park bench style racing wing, no matter who it is made by, SUCKS. There isn't a spoiler made that could fit the lines of the car worse. That's my opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Originally posted by: wadespencer99
Spoilers suck.
like i said some cars can get away with it...yours can. but to say spoilers such my friend you are a

:loser:

·
Administrator
15,616 Posts
Originally posted by: ilovemycar
Originally posted by: wadespencer99
Spoilers suck.
like i said some cars can get away with it...yours can. but to say spoilers such my friend you are a

:loser:

Hehe, no the car is today though. Maybe I should have left the spoiler on...it might hold it together better!!

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Originally posted by: rufus
um josh a little clearer for me please yes 2 whitch one :confused:

o and if anyone has the kaminari wing please show a pic
I'm saying that u could pull it off with the wing if ur car was dropped a few inches &/or u got a bodykit being installed soon. Basically the wing would look nicer with a bodykit but dropping it (cheaper way) would work also.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: Josh125XR
Originally posted by: rufus
um josh a little clearer for me please yes 2 whitch one :confused:

o and if anyone has the kaminari wing please show a pic
I'm saying that u could pull it off with the wing if ur car was dropped a few inches &/or u got a bodykit being installed soon. Basically the wing would look nicer with a bodykit but dropping it (cheaper way) would work also.
A body kit without a drop? :ugh: I get what you're saying, but still . . .

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Well I'm saying either or. A bodykit would work best but if u don't have the $$$ to get 1 then just simply drop it. But if u got the $$$ then yea get the wing with the bodykit & drop. Sweet as Pie!

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
rufus, take a look on eBay. They are selling off the entire lot of Roush parts for the Cougar there. If I were to add a spoiler to my car this would be one of them. But that Cougar S spoiler aservas is having put out is looking better every time I see it.

Edit: Well the picture blows on the eBay site, but here's the link anyways.Roush Spoiler eBay link

You can always try CougarDB.com. Here's Frost Cougar's profile as an example.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Originally posted by: ilovemycar
i will say this...i personally would never EVER go spoilerless...i don't like the way MY car would look without one. some cars can get away with it but i don't think mine is one of them.

Crispy if you ever decide to change the wing look of your car may i be the first to call dibs.
The spoiler is probably staying.. it was an insane pita to install because its all allen screws which required the pedastals to be threaded on thru the hatch.. Hard to explain but I heard the hate after I picked up the car.

Spoiler/no Spoiler is all up to the individual car owner - I personally hate the look of my car without a spoiler.. the bodywork is too heavy and does not balance out the rear properly without something there. And before anyone says more I must admit that I tried to like the car twice without a spoiler and I just couldn't do it..

As much as I like E1's and Nemesis's car I think both would look better with some sort of spoiler but they probably won't take my recommendation

·
Registered
671 Posts
crispy, yeah your right i think expecially for cars with crazy exterior mods, a spoiler does even stuff out nice. after i read your post i started to imagine georges car with a spoiler, it would probably be one of the most awesome things i have ever seen. but then again it already is so... yeah thats where personal preference comes in. i think it would be interesting to see a spoiler on his car but honestly i dont think that will happen

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.