New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I recently posted about ripping off my exhaust completely and simply leaving my muffler for show. However, because of some pretty darn good points my some members, I am not going to do that.

However, I do want to pursue what a couple of people suggested.... running a 2.5" / 3" pipe from the block to the muffler(?).

My question is, exactly what do I do/need? Sorry, but please talk down to me - I am pretty clueless as far as exhaust systems go.

NOTE: I want more airflow, louder sound, and the look of duel exhaust- money is a concern, not local laws.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide!!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Follow the how-to for gutting the precats. Then follow that with a Trubendz y-pipe and 2.5" dual setup. Go with the flowmaster muffler if you want it ot be loud. That will take care of all you want done.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm assuming you say from the block to the muffler, meaning from the heads, because exhaust does not come from the block. You can't run it straight from the heads though because it has to bend to fit your engine bay, so you need headers, or exhaust manifolds. For a tight budget I recommend gutting the precats. Then the Y-pipe, you could get a high flow Y, but I'm not sure how much good this is with out headers. Then the cat, highflow or not, depending on budget. Then just make a custom exhaust after the cat, or buy one. You defiantly want 2.5" piping though, no more unless you're gonna turbo that thing.

F

·
0 Posts
All I did was run 2.5" piping back...you'll need a bender for it...make sure you leave off the resonator too...you dont need it

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
gut all your cats and buy the trubendz flowmaster exhaust, it will shake out your fillings and cause small children and animals to scurry for cover when you walk to the garage

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: topgunz1
gut all your cats and buy the trubendz flowmaster exhaust, it will shake out your fillings and cause small children and animals to scurry for cover when you walk to the garage
:rofl:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So... do I need to get one Y-Pipe and some 2.5" piping? If I do this, were does the cat come in?

I think I may be a tad confused as to an exhaust setup...

Thanks so far!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts