New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, last year it was light.....this year, we had it covered.
The year before was wood, this year and last we had lots.

The only thing I would have liked to have done differently....had everyone bring their damn bathing suits....the water was awesome :)

Post em up....I think we've expanded on everything for the following year to make things better :)

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Couldn't have asked for a better time....Maybe I should remember my sunblock next time...Didn't need swimming trunks....Shorts worked just fine, but they are better...and the water was awesome. Those who didn't go in missed out.

I can't think of anything that could have made it much better.

One suggestion might be that people bring cans instead of bottles for their beer. I ended up picking up a fair bit of broken glass by the fire pit....I know cans give a [censored]ty taste, but you won't notice after 3 or 4. They also chill faster. Wouldn't be cool if a kid or anyone stepped on it afterwards. Thats all I can think of.

Again, hats off to ya man....Awesome job....Much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually...you bring up a good point.

I think next year I'll have a big recycleing bin for bottles only so everyone can toss theirs in and we won't have to worry about loosing bottles.

I had discussed that possibility with the owner for this year, and there actually was a big oil drum up front for us, but I forgot to grab it.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
The only bad thing? The hangover... :p

I'd have prefered being able to stay 2 nights, actually. One night was just too short of a time for such a long journey. Between driving for close to 8 hrs the first day, setting up camp, drinking til early morning, waking up still drunk, taking down the tent, and moving on to hang out, before another 8 hour drive... It really made for a LOOOOONNNNG trip. If it were to be one night again next year, I most definately won't be drinking...

Everything else was perfect man. I think it was a great time. Another day would even allow us to enjoy the area a bit more. The MC Neco group had a good time parked down in Grand Bend. We had people stopping to talk about the cars, and check em out. Plus we walked down to the beach, ate some food, and wandered a bit. Good area for us to hang out a bit in, I think.

E1

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Hopefully next year John, You'll make it to the Track!;)

I had a great time, one more day might be an idea to think about. Camp Friday and Saturday.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
ohmy! a TWO day Hamillfest??? that would certainly warrent a "w00t!" followed by some celebratory dancing and other excited jestures. :biggrin:

Compliants this year? well, for one, while there were some gorgeous ladies at the event, there weren't any bikini models leaning over the cougars for photos. :(

heh, but seriously... umm... I noticed there was an absence of trash-cans and stuff for garbage.
hmm... other than that, maybe stuff other than a bottle of lighter fluid to get the fire going. oh, and also banning Ron from having any contact with anything flamable :cover:

OH, and better organized caravanning! - geez... there were some times on a 2 lane road where people up ahead would pull into on-comming traffic to pass a car, leaving people in the back, behind... we should all just take it slow and steady next time.

no kidding though, other than that Dan, it was a perfect event and i couldn't find any faults with the weekend if I tried my hardest. :)
Great weather, great food, great friends... couldn't ask for anything more!

·
Super Moderator
22,396 Posts
yes, only certified poyros should be able to build/maintain the fires. but didnt even think of the garbage cans. Maybe if people had radios the caravan wouldnt be so bad, and we would have been able to catch lips coming off sooner

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
werd... caravan problem is easily solved with radios :)

so yeah... heh, just garbage cans next time... lol... thats amazing. - my biggest complaint with something is the lack of garbage cans... haha!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Ill be there next year to meet some of you for the first time lol and I think 2 nights would be better to do that to :thumbsup: and the good' ol canadian beer :biggrin:

I cant wait for next year... already excitied

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Also maybe we can organize some kind of thing to do maybe like hmmm lets say paintballing ....:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Originally posted by: MaverickFlyer
I would of like to go see Grand Bend!
Definately think two nights camping would be awesome. Even though most of us prolly would be setting up tents in the dark, I'd still do it....Worth the fun!!!

HIttin up the Bend would be cool too...Haven't been there since I was a kid.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The original plan was to hit Grand bend this year...but 2 factors changed my mind...

1) We'd have to pay to park and I know some people just wanted to drive on the beach. Grand Bend is more of a rock style beach and I didn't think many people were staying long enough to want to drive the extra 20 minutes to Grand Bend. We easily could have, but it would have meant more driving.

2) Garbage cans will be on next years agenda.

3) Making it a 2 night event would be fine with me. If we made it a Friday/saturday night camping I could check to see what the Grand Bend Motorplex has on for Friday NIGHT or Saturday racing.

4) Paintball....um....not on my agenda...sorry Joe. :)

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I support a 2 night event as well. We did in fact hit Grand Bend this year and had fun doing it. I would have loved to see us all convoying down the strip. That would be fun. That being said, I'd also like to point out that if we did it that way and using the Grand Bend track instead of the Sparta track, it would make it easier for people who choose not to go to the track. That is my only dislike about Hamillfest is that going to the track seems to be an integral part of the weekend which I'd like to see an option as I have no interest in it and I know others don't either. Kinda like at Cougarfest, it's an option for those who want it, not a mandatory event.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
ya 2 nights would have been better. Steve orginally wanted to stay longer even than we did but me and Jaged needed to get home. Shame my alt didnt agree with any of us .... Slurpee is driving next year :) ill test the cougar at a local track next year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.