New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a dispute going on in my chapter... regarding what day to show up for Cougarfest. The official dates show Thursday through Sunday... But does that mean most people plan on showing up sometime on Thursday whenever they can get there and the main events start on Friday? Or is everyone planning on getting there Wednesday and the events start early on Thursday??

We are so close... we can get there whenever... just didn't want to be there too soon.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
There is no reason to get there on Wednesday. The hotel rooms are blocked from Thursday thru Sunday. There is no guarantee that the if you show up on Wednesday that room will be the one that you'd have on Thursday, so you'd have to check out on Thursday morning then have to wait until after 3pm to check back in. No big deal for some, but that seems like a PITA to me.

Also, like i've already said, it's pretty much meet-and-greet day, so you won't be missing out on anything. Land of Lincoln and Hoosier are so close that you could leave on Thursday morning and stop at every rest stop and eat a nice lunch and still be there well prior to the check-in time.

It's up to yinz, but there's no reason to get there early.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: frenchblueC2
Thursday afternoon. I gonna go all..night... long :biggrin:
I'll go all night long with ya :biggrin:

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for responding... and thanks for spelling that out Don. :) That's what I thought... but a couple people (HugNSmile) in my chapter were demanding we get there Wednesday night... which I thought was crazy.

<-- Looking forward to a fourth straight year hanging out with all of you!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I will be gettin there sometime early Thursday.

ignernt-Are you gonna need help getting things going like signs and stuff posted? Becuase I know check-in isn't till 3pm, but I'm maybe 45 minutes away and I was planning on coming up early Thursday morning so I could help with that if you need it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts