New Cougar Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Not drooling, but this is a cool article about the Solstice/Sky.
I always loved the design on those cars and really wish they had more time to mature before being axed.
The reviews I've read haven't been very good for the most part and this article sort of alludes to some of the reasons that might have been.
It was bold step to try to jump into Miata territory in a rush, Lutz gets credit for having the huge balls to go for it.
Maybe with electric car investment increasing, the classic roadsters might get another renaissance.

·
Super Moderator
22,222 Posts
I just saw a video of a modular electric motor set up from GM. It is designed to bolt up to a normal trans and drop directly into an engine bay. It was able to be stacked to make 3-4 different power levels up to 1000hp. It was a pretty slick set up

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Cougar and Puma together.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Cougar and Puma together.
View attachment 81305
Hello, the PUMA was sold a lot around here but here the problem is that whoever bought that car gave it a very bad life and being a normal mechanic they died very soon.
Many German cars are sold because their mechanics better withstand bad treatment.
That reminds me of the Fords of the 80s and 90s, now I don't know what happens with Ford Europe, they are expensive and you don't see them getting old

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
I've seen several Bronco Sports this week for the first time.
Cute but not great.
For that segment I still prefer the Cherokee although it looks like the BS has about 20% more cargo volume so that might make it a tough decision if I were shopping in that market.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here came the light off-road fever without reducer and the pure SUVs with reducer and 7-seater subframe disappeared ... I think the Bronco will not come, a shame

My next new car in a few years will be a ford ranger (the little sister of the f150) by price, to see if by then something else comes out that is economical and with a minimum of hybridization (48v) due to the tax issue ... .

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
By the way, this toy (Supercharged) does not give the measurements to enter our cougar?
View attachment 81322
A supercharger would not fit in that location on our cars. You might be able to install one like that in the air conditioning compressor location

41 - 51 of 51 Posts