New Cougar Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Related to this topic, my wife surprised me yesterday by asking me why I'm building an old car with an old engine, instead of transplanting something new and modern into it.
I explained to her that transplanting from a newer car would most likely require an entire donor car, and a lot more customization and she didn't even blink before saying next time I should just do it right.
I'm taking that as the go-ahead to start plotting a kit car or some sort of radical build.

·
Administrator
15,454 Posts
Sounds like what she wants you to do! You want to make her happy, right? Right?

·
5,250 Posts
Huh, I heard "figure out how to get a 2.7L Ecoboost into that 'old' car". . .

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
^^^Im in with that idea as well!^^^

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I work in a very wealthy town and lining up behind exotic cars is not unusual, but I found myself behind an F-type R a couple days ago and it was every bit as glorious as its photos. The rumble was low and sweet, It took everything I had to keep up with him on the highway on-ramp and he was probably just barely above idle. Very sexy. It looks like its moving even when its standing still.

(Not my photo)

Reactions: LinkMan

·
Registered
36 Posts

Yeah... I guess my Cougar is a little spoiled in the company it keeps. Local Cars & Coffee at M1 Concourse. I've only encountered two other Cougars there, but both older.
These are my photos lol

This probe that turns up is pretty awesome though. I'm generally parked along the track where he is, but I've been known to lurk in garages as well on occasion due to connections with staff and garage owners. I really should get into the habit of photographing my own car more...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts