New Cougar Forum banner

What car are you drooling over today?

13767 Views 215 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  wadespencer99
Inspired by B3nn3tts post, and also a thread I saw on another forum, Here's a thread for whatever random hunk of metal is turning your head on any given day

Here's mine this week...A kit:
I wouldn't put all the racing stickers on it, I would stick with a straight black or red paint job and I'm undecided about the stripes. Maybe for black, almost definitely not for red.

See less See more
201 - 216 of 216 Posts
I saw my first Maverick in the wild today. First impression: not bad but doesn't seem very modern looking. I think that was a calculated gamble in an effort to give it "real truck cred"
It looks like they intentionally tried to keep some old-school ranger styling cues, and keep the whole package looking more like a "real truck" than the Ridgeline.
This babe is enough for me for now.
Can't get enough of looking at her
Watching her while smoking cigarettes on the balcony. <3. Maybe a tuned duratec would make it better tho.
Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Plant
See less See more
Reactions: 3
Stopped by a Lucid Motors studio and checked out the Air. I'm not big into EVs, but damn, I want that car. The interior is amazing and super comfy. The biggest drawback is the door opening, which is quite low. Anyone over about 6' would need to watch their head getting in and out.
With the state of roads around here I've been considering an Outback Wilderness Edition. 9" of IDGAF clearance.
Yeah I'm not in love with driving the Element, but it is awfully nice to not have to worry about scraping on everything...
I spent a little time the other day drooling over the build configurator for GR Supras.

It surprised me to realize that I might actually consider a lease for a car like that. Something stupid that I just want to experience for a couple years then part ways before the warranty is expired. Mileage limits dont work for me though.
With the state of roads around here I've been considering an Outback Wilderness Edition. 9" of IDGAF clearance.
Someone in the building I work in has a blue one with tasteful modifications. Best looking Wagon I've seen around here in some time.

It surprised me to realize that I might actually consider a lease for a car like that. Something stupid that I just want to experience for a couple years then part ways before the warranty is expired. Mileage limits dont work for me though.
Can't deal with Mileage limits either... Does any dealer you've checked actually have one? I've been trying to buy an IS 500 but they keep telling me they don't have any in stock on the continent and aren't taking orders due to supply shortages. Just announced a new colour though for next year too.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille
See less See more
... Does any dealer you've checked actually have one?...
View attachment 82744
I've seen a few on the lots over the course of this year but I'm not really looking. That was just lunch break window-shopping. I bought myself a new car in January so if history holds true I wont be needing another one until sometime in the 2040's ;) (Or when I cant buy gasoline anymore)

I do find it odd that I've been perfectly content with my under-powered Cougar for 21 years but my under-powered Miata has my eye wandering...
Our family has a summer place in a small town in northern Wisconsin where they are now building the Troy Indy Special, shown below. It has already been on Jay Leno's Garage. Would love to have one parked in my garage!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

Home of the Troy Indy Special | 7fifteen Motorworks
See less See more
Reactions: 1
I rented a TRD Taco last week and drove it for about five days, helping my daughter move, plus multiple trips to Home depot and an emergency aquarium replacement.

Damn its a handy tool. I could get used to that truck. I've always hated driving trucks but the Taco is quite comfortable, and the visibility felt totally adequate. Back-up cam is a game changer since the last time I owned a truck (2011). It seems a little weak when I stomp on the gas but I suspect thats just because I'm spoiled by our Grand Cherokee which is a similar size but significantly more powerful. I'm sure I would get used to the V6.

The only other complaint is that it seems like the turning radius could be better, but that's minor. Again, I'm probably spoiled by the Jeep.

Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle Tire
See less See more
Is that the 4.0 V6?
It's a 3.5l
278 hp/265 ft-lb
Ok, just curious. Our 4Runner has a 4.0 V6 with 270 hp/278 ft-lb…feels pretty gutless, honestly, but I love everything else about it.
201 - 216 of 216 Posts