New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a complete cat back system from trubendz had it custom made 3 inch with weapon r g series. My wife wanted to be sweet so she took it to get installed for my while i was working. While needless she took it to monro instead of the dealer that i always go to.

That was two months ago and now i had to get my car checked cause it was knocking under my console. Here they screwed up the install how you do that with a direct replacement i dont know but i have to replace the entire cat back and some hangers.

Monro told me to pretty much bug off. I havent got the money to replace it and now im starting to fill loss of power and more. is there anything i can do

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
who said you need to replace the eniter cat back? might need adjusting so it doesn't hit under the car...

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
You're loss of power is coming from the 3" exhaust.

I had a 3" on my probe, and in the bottom end, there was like no power. It was definitely tooo big.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
3" exhaust doesnt automatically cause a power loss. Dont go jumping to conclusions. I personally have 3" exhaust and i dont feel any power loss at all.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not the 3 inch that im losing power with for sure ive had my car dynod twice with just exhaust i had a 2 inch weapon R 1 series and got 6 hp out of it with this 3 inch g series i got 11hp so it was a big change.

The mechanic at the mercury dealer by me is a good friend. he looked at the car to make sure it was the exhaust. He did what he could to fix it but had no luck.

what happened was the piping it self screwed the hanger closest to the cat itself up and was flopping around a little. As it progressed it bent and twisted and pulled the entire piping the whole way down till i started to notice sound change and the banging noise on the bottom. its pulled and bent so bad its actually hitting the gas tank cover. so there was nothing he could do except to replace the entire system

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
pgtatx, is on to something.. I didn't see that part... 3inch is a waste.. sorry guys..
ask craig flango what 3inch does without forced induction...
RLH if its hitting there, mine was... it just needs to be tweaked a little bit..
thats all. the piping shouldn't be bending on its own... of course there is nothing he
can do but replace the whole system.. cause that means he can make $$ off you..

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts