New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me the true gains of an svt UIM and TB.......and is it true that late 99-02 have the svt, or same size, LIM?

edit: HP gains that is, lol.......i know more air flow but i would love to see some hp numbers.

thanks
M

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Stock MTX dyno's round 140-145.
My car with Injen/Borla/SVT UIM/SVT TB dynoed round 164.
Give Injen 2-3hp, Borla 8-10, Your looking at around 8-10 hp for the SVT UIM and SVT TB combo.

But it helps throughout the Powerband.. its not always peak HP that makes the difference.. You can see gains of 20 hp from this somewhere else in the band. (numbers are just an example).

I cannot believe people still wonder if this is a worthy mod to do.. sure now its fairly expensive.. but its a no brainer really if your looking for all out performance.

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh i'm not wondering if it's worth it, lol.......i'm getting a deal from a friend who is selling his UIM and TB for 200, which is a steal! going to pick it up tomorrow........i just wanted to know the numbers. thanks for the information:biggrin:

anyone happen to have a dyno sheet showing this?

M

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
wow if you're getting it for that little, who cares what the gain is just know you're going to get something. Now you can put the rest of the money that you would have spent on the SVT parts towards something else.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts