New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What
West Coast Prowl 3.0L Edition. Thats the "working name" I'm using, kinda taking advantage of the "3.0L" name from the engine. IDK, I think its catchy myself. If you don't like it, well poo-poo on you! Basically its the 3rd Annual Cougar meet for everyone out on the West Coast (kinda similar to CougarBash).

Where
All indications from everyone interested are that we will go to Las Vegas again this year. Everyone had a blast last year, and Vegas was a lot of fun and a cool place to hold a gathering like this. I've heard that the Stardust hotel has some special thing for "car groups" to try to lure car meets in. I'm not sure on the exact details, I'll check on them and add them when I find out.

Now this does NOT mean that it WILL happen in Vegas! I'm still very open to other idea's for location. Amongst the ideas we could use.
San Diego- Cool place to hang out with other members (unless your car gets broken into and your stereo stolen. Sorry bout all that Byrd.)
Phoenix- Lets us AZ guys host our first multi-state meet. Hot Import Nights is gonna be here mid-October, we could do something around that.
L.A.- IDK, we could find something to do there.

Let's hear your ideas for location!

When
We're looking at a mid-October timetable, I set out a possible October 14-16 weekend date if we go to Vegas. Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS) is having one of their "Friday/Saturday night drags" that weekend.

Friday, October 14
Test ‘n’ Tune -- 6-10 p.m.
BFGoodrich Midnight Mayhem No. 14 -- 10 p.m.-2 a.m.

Saturday, October 15
BFGoodrich Super Tuner Saturday Night -- 6 p.m.-1 a.m. -- Buick Grand National Racing Association, Supras Invade The Strip ’05, Euro Entertainment Super Tuner Car Show.

This would be great to get out to at least one of these events and team up on some of the local ricers.

Why?
Because we can!

Now that Fest is over, lets see what we can do to make this year's event a good one! Give your idea's on what you want to see with this year's event.

I'm extending this invite to you NW guys, I think you may have been left out last year. I'd love for some NW guys to be able to make it down for this meet!

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
I may be up for driving down to LV :)
It's 19 hours from my house per maps.google... but today I drove up to Federal Way (just outside SEA), and it listed it at 3 hr 40 minutes and it took me just under 3 hours with a breakfast break in there...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey, that would be fun. Count me in.

Goldie, if you go, wanna caravan? Federal way, dang you were up near where I work. Planning on coming up any time more?

-Shawn

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to see we've got some interest from you NW guys. I think you guys were left out of planning for last year's event, so I'd like to see as many of you guys as I can get down here to Vegas.

SoCal and NorCal both asked that I wait until next month to figure out exact details, so I'll keep you guys informed on everything!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
too bad I'm just turning 18 on the 20th of october... count me out :( because I would just hold everyone back.... plus I'm planning my super secret (it's really not so super secret because I tell everyone) carputer/sound system set up for the fall/winter and will need money for that!
-Cody W.

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Originally posted by: res0f8as
Hey, that would be fun. Count me in.
Goldie, if you go, wanna caravan? Federal way, dang you were up near where I work. Planning on coming up any time more?
-Shawn
just a one-time-thing for Fed Way.... but may end up going to Puyallup for a day in the next couple weeks...

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by: Snowboarder
too bad I'm just turning 18 on the 20th of october... count me out :( because I would just hold everyone back.... plus I'm planning my super secret (it's really not so super secret because I tell everyone) carputer/sound system set up for the fall/winter and will need money for that!
-Cody W.
Hey, don't worry about "holding us back" because you're only 17/18. I'll still only be 19 when this year's event comes around, so you won't be alone in the "Under 21" group! There's plenty to do in Vegas at 18+. Besides, if everyone runs off again this year I need SOMEONE to hang out with thats under 21! I'm sure we could find a kickass go-kart track or something to tear up while everyone else gets shi!tfaced.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Oh God, Vegas without being able to drink or gamble???--yikes!

I'm definitely a Vegas junkie myself. In fact I'm going there Sept 8th-11th, for the second time this year and the 4th time in 3 years. Always great fun! You guys should have a blast (especially those of you 21+).

Cheers,
Scott.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey goldie you wanna meet up to go cruise near alki. Im from kent got a 2000 Cougar with $6,100 into it. I get my new front end mounted this friday. Get back to me when you can. here are a few pics on my ride, they were to big to load on to the forum www.cardomain.com/ride/542193

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Originally posted by: 2FNFast
Hey goldie you wanna meet up to go cruise near alki. Im from kent got a 2000 Cougar with $6,100 into it. I get my new front end mounted this friday. Get back to me when you can. here are a few pics on my ride, they were to big to load on to the forum www.cardomain.com/ride/542193
are you trying to brag?
and btw you can link to other pictures in a post..
i don't think that this is relevant at all to this thread
Also, Goldie doesn't live in the seattle area but i do

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ill put anything you want up that that is my car bro. Wanna meet up I cruise alki friday and sat. nights. I street race in everett and kent. You want to meet up and ill show you up. Give me your email address and ill take pics of the damn zin # if you want. Try to call my bluff.....i dont have a problem at all...you can do the same thing with your cars pic....why dont you bring down your #5 cougar or even #6...

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's a nice looking ride, 2FNFast. Love the F5 rims, the CF hood, and the Cougar decal on the side (nifty!). Very nice body kit and front bumper also. Not crazy about the spoiler but to each his own. (I prefer either the stock style or the ww/razzi "eclipse" style spoilers personally.)

Cheers,
Scott.

PS guys please try to play nicely... :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
thanks for the comments...Wounder why "tad" hasnt said anything or wanna meet up at alki. I was thinking about changing the wing on the rear, same style but change it to CF. I just ordered APC racing seats cant wait.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I've not said anything to meet up because i don't hang out with 16 y/o's tryin to show off
you want to meet up to race? is that it?
i don't put performance mods on my car besides intake/exhausts usually because i don't race cars because it is mainly pointless to me
i have better things to do with my time
When I was 16, sure that was fun
i've done and had more mods than you can imagine so i don't really care to show off anything
that's the point.. i don't show off but you are trying to.. that is why i'm not meeting up
also.. if i really cared that much about going fast i'd buy a much faster car since i can afford one since i have a real job because i'm older than 16
go watch fast and furious again and leave me alone
good day

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love it when peoples come back are... " i don't hang out with 16 y/o's tryin to show off" and "go watch fast and furious again and leave me alone" Sounds to me that you dont want to get proven wrong...but you wont be remember thats not my car.... Im sure you done all kind of mods and blah blah blah.... If you had a really good job then why would you buy a mid class car. Since your the head cheese, no hard feelings why wouldnt you want to just cruise then with other cougars...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
hmm.. maybe because only an idiot would spend every dollar he makes on a car (by the way i have 2)
if you ever plan on getting ahead in life perhaps you should learn how to live below your means and not spend your whole paycheck on crap just because you can
I would rather invest my money and get even more back than waste my money on mods that I will never get a return on
but it's funny how you've been told the same thing before
and it's also funny how you must not have even read my post because how would i be getting proven wrong?
If i wanted to have a penis measuring contest I'd drop a bunch of money into my car and blow you out of the water
I told you i don't race my cars
what exactly are you wanting to prove anyway? that you wasted a lot of money so that you can go fast in a straight line for 17 seconds?
btw i looked at your site and your car looks really slow but good thing you got a huge spoiler to help with the downforce
and you got raped for $6.1k
so no hard feelings but i don't like people who brag about how much money they have spent on their car

but we are getting way off track.. if you want further conversation you can PM me

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like how you think that I waste all my money on mods, when I have a town house and a 04 R6.....get to know someone before you blow your mouth. Seems to me like ill be the bigger person and not respond to your little comments anymore. Didnt say anything about racings you. Got better things to do then to check this forum and see your little shots. Grow up [censored] ASS!

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are we done peeing yet, guys? :shrug:

I think its getting close to time to start trying to set this up, let me know what ideas you guys have.

Oh, and 2FNFAST, take it to PM's or something. I don't need you trashing up a multi-chapter NECO Meet thread with your own personal pissing contest.

·
Registered
440 Posts
2FNFast: He doesnt care to meet up with you because you are being an @$$hole. Plain and simple. Keep in mind you're also running stock UIM/TB and a short ram (go cold air, reduces heatsoak). Not so performance oriented. In your post you say $6,100 into the car. On your cardomain you say $6,800. Solid numbers. If you payed that much for what you have on your car so far, you were ripped off my friend. Finally, Tad spoke up because what you did in your first post is called 'thread jacking'. It doesnt pertain at all to the content of this thread. Keep it civil man, if you want to [censored] and moan at someone send a PM so the rest of us dont have to look at it. I do like the kit and hood though, works well together :thumbsup:

Tad: Props for keeping it civil and grown up my friend. I saw you are now in the Seattle area..Im up north a few miles in Edmonds. Hopefully Ill see you around sometime :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.