New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is bobby and im looking 4 a few places to were i can find a new or rebult lower rotating aclambley i thank thats right any way i want the stock 2.5 im going to use the old stuff like the lim and stuff like that,can i just buy the block and pistons if so were and how much?thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
Why use a 2.5 Block when you could just go 3L block? Easiest place to find these is a junkyard. You want a shortblock with the crank in it, probably find one for 400 bucks. Are you going to be assembling this?
Don't take it personal but the
im going to use the old stuff like the lim and stuff like that
makes me a little weary of your engine building ability.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol what i want is a new bottom end to put in the car you know the block the piostons rod all that ****,what i was talking about is that i dont need to buy new heads litm uitm you get what im triing to say? i got a car with 100k hard miles on her so i just want to know were i can find a rebuld kit or somein thanks

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
And Johnny is telling you the right thing...

You can get a prepped 3L block and then use all your stock stuff (if you dont have the money to get better heads and IM's), and you'll be making a few more horsies with more torque and will have spent the same as looking for a 2.5L.

It's pretty simple.

If you want to upgrade the internals on the block like going forged, new bearings, etc etc, then that'll cost more money of course.

Most people on here will say getting a 2.5 is a waste...get the 3L... get a tuned chip, and you'll be happy.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
These people recommend they 3.0L block because it will mate up with your current 2.5 heads, and make alot more HP while your at it. Check out the 3L section.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok let me get this right i can get a preped 3.0 block and i can put all the other stuff from the out side/and it will all boult up no moding?and were might one find one of the 3.0 blocks i just want stock no moded block thanks a lot.

·
Registered
674 Posts
well you can find a preped short block through buckshot motorsports, but that will run 1700. You could take your chances through a junkyard for probably 400 bucks. There is a little bit you have to do to make it work:

might I reccomend this Link I'ts a basic how to

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey I would like to put a 3L on MY car also, It would be well worth it, Also I'm looking for a car club in Michigan I own a hot cougar with a good system! :naughty:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.