New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went and did a couple quarter miles run at the dragway, and my first time sucked in time because a bird was on the track and i had to slow down but i still beat the other car because it was a 1995 neon, but my 2nd run i ran a 15.74 which ain't bad for a stock engine with short ram intake and dual flowmaster. my 3rd run was a little better because i launced a little higher in the r.p.m.s and i got a 15.53. i was pretty happy because last year the best i got all day was a 16.13. the only thing that sucked that the last 2 runs i went up against an srt-4 neon and a srt-8 charger so i didn't get any wins there but i beat my best time, just thought i'd share, maybe i got that best time for me because i was trying so hard to beat the srt-4, i think it may be because it was 65 degrees when i ran and last year itwas 92 degrees

· Registered
2,370 Posts
well i went and did a couple quarter miles run at the dragway, and my first time sucked in time because a bird was on the track and i had to slow down but i still beat the other car because it was a 1995 neon, but my 2nd run i ran a 15.74 which ain't bad for a stock engine with short ram intake and dual flowmaster. my 3rd run was a little better because i launced a little higher in the r.p.m.s and i got a 15.53. i was pretty happy because last year the best i got all day was a 16.13. the only thing that sucked that the last 2 runs i went up against an srt-4 neon and a srt-8 charger so i didn't get any wins there but i beat my best time, just thought i'd share, maybe i got that best time for me because i was trying so hard to beat the srt-4, i think it may be because it was 65 degrees when i ran and last year itwas 92 degrees
Very respectable times ;) Heat plays a HUGE role in Cougar performance. My car feels like a Geo Metro on a hot humid day. But, on a cold day, the Cougar feels like a "big angry lion!" :cool:

· Banned
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, everything still in the car, i don't even know why i have that stupid spare tire in the trunk anyway, i'd look pretty dumb on a 15 donut with 18 inch rims, i launced at 3500 rpms so the secondaries would already be going so they wouldn't have to kick in

· Registered
8,512 Posts
Very nice man, and as for the spare, it will come in handy one day (i've used mine) but as for the dragstrip I would take it out. But it is also good to know what times you would run "as is".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.