New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Read Only
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELP.... my rims were stolen

Yep, first chance ive had to get on the forums since i was on vacation in ocean city. My mom stayed behind at our house in tennessee, and the second day i was there i received a call that my rims and tires were stolen off my ride!!! I am so pissed off right now, and im not even home yet! im on the way driving home and luckily stopped off at a hotel that has internet!! I have pics ill post of it too. I feel so bad and angry over this past week. My mother filed the police report for me, but i think there is a slim chance these thieves will be caught. There goes 1800 bucks... Pics will be posted tomorrow.... i just need to vent.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
RE: WELP.... my rims were stolen

Doesn't your insurerance cover it? I Know when my grand parents had there rangers offroads and some sort of rims where stolen they had full coverage and the insurance guy came to look at it and the police report all he said heres your check.

·
Premium Member
31,347 Posts
RE:WELP.... my rims were stolen

Thats [censored]ty man . . . [censored]-tee. Check with your insurance, hopefully they can help you out.

·
Read Only
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

thats just the thing... the day before it happened my mother and i switched insurance companies.... my step dad and her got divorced and he dropped her off the plan. So that kind of sucks calling insurance the day after we got switched and saying my nearly 1800 dollar rims/tires were stolen, plus they dropped the car on the gravel and front bumper/visteon lip is chipped, scratched, and cracked all over... what to do? should i call anyways?

·
Premium Member
31,347 Posts
RE:WELP.... my rims were stolen

Uh . . . thats what insurance is FOR . . .

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts

yup thats what you pay for, so call them asap.

[censored]ty that they got stolen, hope the thieves noe what they got themselves into with our st00pid bolt pattern.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts

Dude a similar situation happened to me, I got (changed lanes into) I guess is what you call it. spend the day talking to insurance guy on the phone because of the car (1965 cutless). next day I had to pay my insurance for my next insurance period. A reason why I still hate being next to another driver specifically little old ladies in towncars.
keep an eye out at the rim shops in your area I know we have a few where we live that have been accused of some shady things.

·
Registered
933 Posts
WTF that sucks man I would be PO big time, Yeah but like everybody else sadi turn that into the insurance company thats why they are there.

·
Buyer Beware
6,590 Posts
damn man that totally sucks. Those pics hurt to look at! Terrible how its sitting like that.

But definilty call the Insurance company.

Also please post pics of your wheels in this thread. As well as what kind of tires you had mounted on the wheels. Perhaps NECO can keep an eye out for your wheels. Since they can only fit on Contours, Cougars, and the Focus. Its possible we be able to find the person who stole them if we search all the forums for wheels for sale. Of course if we do find someone selling the wheels we have to be real nice to him and offer him more than he is asking. Then have a local member come pick up the wheels and BEAT HIS ASS.

·
Read Only
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
already ahead of you GMK. In my local chapter i posted a thread stating my wheels were stolen and to keep an eye out.

Wheels:
Centerline Storm 18x7" Chrome 5 Spoke

Tires:
BF Goodrich G-Force KDW
225/35/18
less than 1500 miles.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
dang that totally sucks, im sure they left finger prints somewhere, someting also to look into....

·
Registered
933 Posts
Keep an eye out for them on EBAY man that is a freeway for stolen goods.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I feel your pain so bad!! This happened to me last October on Halloween morning. I can't even look at the pics anymore, it makes me sick! At least for my sake they were nice enough to put the car evenly on the half cinder blocks, what they did to yours is horrendous!

You WILL get most of your money back after deductible, and make sure you tell the adjuster how much everything that needs fixing cost, like the lip in the front and find ANY damage that was caused during this. They should give estimates for repairs and then you will end up with a little more cash than what you will expect. Be persistent with the insurance company...they work for YOU!

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Which insurance company do you have?

Unfortunatly, I know several companies will only cover enough to replace with OEM wheels/tires. Same goes for the front lip. They may say "Thats an aftermarket part, we won't cover that".

Good luck though man, I love those wheels! I'd rather have mine in powdercoat black, though. :thumbsup:

And yeah, they are gonna be screwed because of the wheel pattern! This ain't no Honda that can fit on anything!

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
That is terrible to read about what happened to your car. A couple of things you might want to think about next time to prevent it from happening...

Stay away from chrome wheels. These unfortunately are high profile wheels simple because they are shiny and are eye candy. You might want to consider the black pearl versions as they do not stand out.

Get high quality lugs and locking lugs. I prefer the mcgard lugs, but there are other high particularly the spline drive versions. It will be more difficult for them to get them off at least.

Also try etching your name on your wheels...

Best of luck to you man. So sad to hear...

·
Read Only
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yep, i had locking lugs. They took those with the rims aswell. Next time i will etch my phone number inside the wheels, area code and all. im not standing up to this crap anymore. Will call the insurance company on monday too.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.