New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this week our internet is down. my mom got my dad's comp working, but only on dial up, and hes on it like all day.

then on tuesday (yesterday), we had to have my 18 lbs., 14 year-old (about 80 human years) cat put to sleep. she was really really sick. her body was filling with this fluid stuff around her lungs, and had to get it removed last week, and again yesterday because it had built up again. and the fluid was collapsing ehr lungs, so she could breathe all that well. the ride to the vet was hell for her and my mom. pooh bear (my cat), was panting very hard and having a lot of trouble getting enough air, and got so anxious that she peed in my mom's back seat (the stupid PT cruiser deserved it lol). and once they got to the vet, the people rushed out and put an oxygen mask on her so she could start to breathe again. i had never heard of the vet putting an oxygen mask on an animal before, so that kinda amused me, even though it was no time to be amused.

they took more fluid out of her, and we had planned on bringing herhome for one more night just so we could say our goodbye's, then taking her back the next day to put her to sleep. so i left for my tennis clinic, but when i got there, they said my mom had called, and that i should cll her back. when i called her, she told me that pooh bear was having a lot of trouble at home, so they decided to take her in right then and have her put down. so i didnt get to say goodbye.

then today i learn that 2 of my friends got in a bad car accident yesterday, and one is still in the hospital. so this is a rough week for me, so i probably wont be posting much for a while. :(

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,714 Posts
Hang in there, man. You ever just wanna vent, you know where to find us.

·
5,302 Posts
Aaron, very sorry to hear about your loss this week, and your friends' accident.
Hope both you and the family, and your friends, are Ok.

So yea, hang in there... let us know if we can help.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Aaron, keep it real man. If you need anything from anyone you know where we are. Esepcially during this tuff time. Just let us know man. Take care and God Bless!!!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Well, i don't really know what to say cept hang in there. Like they said we're all here if you need us. I know what it's like having a pet put to sleep. I had a ferret several years ago with cancer about the size of a walnut attatched to her digestive tract. Surgery could've saved her, but it was expensive as hell and it had a very small chance of survival. Plus i would be putting my other ferret's life at risk. I couldn't afford it so i had her put down. A very troubling experience.
Hope your friends come out okay, too. :(

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hey Aaron,
Cheer up, Bu-ddy! Sorry to hear about your friends and your *****. I understand completely about the whole animal stuff.. I had to put my dog, Candy, down at the beginning of last summer.

:grouphug:

As always we are here if you need us..! :)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well thanks for all the kind coments and love, it really does help. and i have some good news and some bad news. internet is working again, so i might be able to be on more. the reason i say might, is because i got in some trouble when playing a harmless (this actually was harmless, im not just saying that) prank on my friends girlfriend because he was sleeping over and she lived close and it was holloween and all. but there happened to be 2 cops sitting on this little side street, and they saw my friend, who was driving, driving without headlights (he didnt have them on because he didnt want his g/f to see them through the window because he knew she was still awake with her friend who was staying the night). so they pulled us, and asked what we were doing, and yeah. they found our "prank", woke up her parents, called my parents, and called his parents, and it was 3:00 in the morning. so thats why i say i MIGHT be able to be on. but my parents know that we didnt do any permanany damage or anything, and it wasnt too big of a deal. the only reaosn we got pulled over was because of no headlights and cerfew (sp?). so in dont know, but im hoping for the best.

thanks again for all the support! i appreciate it greatly, it helpped a lot to know that there are always people i can count on for help when im having troubles! :grouphug:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Just keep it real man. Dont let your friends troubles make you worry, its them not you. For real we are always here for ya, just remember that. Our cougars are a car, our lives are exacttly that, Lives. We have to deal with them and live through them daily.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by: Madcat
Just keep it real man. Dont let your friends troubles make you worry, its them not you. For real we are always here for ya, just remember that. Our cougars are a car, our lives are exacttly that, Lives. We have to deal with them and live through them daily.
tru dat. thanks for the reminder. i need a good reminder once and a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts