New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep,It happend sunday night at 10:31 @ 100+ Mph my engine made a low pitch bog sound and cut off.
I did a compression test and had compression in only one cylinder.:cry:this sucks.

I am selling the Nitrous kit and leaving the car N/A.

No more 14.1 sec time slips:(

N

·
0 Posts
damn man sorry to hear that. :( What shot were you running? Did you ever get it tuned? Did you bounce off the limiter? im kinda curious.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i'm so sorry :(

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Daaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn, that is all that I have to say.
Scott

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Let this be a lesson! If you're going to use forced induction you can't expect your stock internals to last long! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully Its just head gaskets, b/c there was coolant on the ends of the plugs. Either way the nitrous kit is coming off. If its just head gaskets then I will concider myself lucky and run N/A.

But I cant complain I have had good luck so far, this car has handled 20+ bottles (I counted the recipts last night).

hopefully I will have it fixed by the next meet.

N

·
0 Posts
im still curious as to my questions man, both are very relevent to running nitrous properly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
damn man sorry to hear that. :( What shot were you running? Did you ever get it tuned? Did you bounce off the limiter? im kinda curious.

1)55 shot (I have sprayed 75 shot with no problems before)
2)was going to get it tuned monday the 19th of this month
3) never hit the rev limiter shifted each shift @ 6500 rpm
4) NGK TR6 gapped @ .35

N

·
0 Posts
Thanks man, I know im probably asking a zillion questions but Im trying to learn from you really,

how many miles did you have on your engine/drivetrain when you lost compression?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
64,100/The car is only driven on saturday night's and isnt taken past 4k unless there is a race involved.
I think I had an exhisting problem and the nitrous might have pushed it over the edge (Headgaskets)
I hope its head gaskets If thats all it is I am investing in some ARP head bolts,and might not take the kit off, But the car will be going to the dyno before any nitrous is used again.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
This is a perfect opportunity for a 3.0 block to be dropped on that biiattch.

If your going to take apart the engine you might as well slap a big 3.0 on it. Say hello to 14s all day long all throttle no bottle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
naw no 3.0 for me, last monday I purchased a shortblock for my car,Like I said above if it is head gaskets I will get those fixed,and build this new block with forged internals and prolly S/C it with a 55 shot, but that plan is still up in the air.

But If its not I will scrap that Idea and repair what is needed...I should be able to get it fixed for 1000.00 weither it needs an engine+heads or not, luckly I work for a Ford dealer So I get things at cost.

Either way I am starting to pay my car payment 2 times a month so I can get this thin paid off so I can buy a new ride to play with next year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
naw no 3.0 for me, last monday I purchased a shortblock for my car,Like I said above if it is head gaskets I will get those fixed,and build this new block with forged internals and prolly S/C it with a 55 shot, but that plan is still up in the air.

But If its not I will scrap that Idea and repair what is needed...I should be able to get it fixed for 1000.00 weither it needs an engine+heads or not, luckly I work for a Ford dealer So I get things at cost.

Either way I am starting to pay my car payment 2 times a month so I can get this thin paid off so I can buy a new ride to play with next year.

N

·
0 Posts
hey man just thought I would let you know, Blackcoog is selling brand new gaskets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts