New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a quick search and couldnt really come up with anything. Im looking to purchase a welder for mostly sheet metal welding/auto body related things. I would like it to be 110 if that is possible, and im not looking for the top of the line welder either, just something that is easy to work with and isnt too crazy. Also one that doesn't use gas would probably be best for me too. If anyone can give some advice on what to get plus maybe a secret website for some good prices tooo. Thanks in advance, Casey

·
Banned
5,184 Posts
Well you can buy a flux core welder, but the weld quality isn't very good at al. BUt you can go ahead and get one then later buy the gas kit for it. Miller comes highly recomended. It's what I have and it's what I have always used in any whop I have worked at in the past.

You can get a decent flux core welder for about $200 though

·
Registered
456 Posts
We just got a Miller 140 MIG w/ auto set for doing work on the Focus, seam welding w/ the TIG process would be impractical. It is a very nice welder for the work we've been using it for (3/16" and under, mostly thinner sheetmetal). I've never run flux core wire but the weld quality with gas is excellent. You can use .024 or .030 wire with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts