New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RIP CougaH
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just finishing up the last of the modifications to the front end of my Coug, and I need some stuff on the frame welded on (and a hole drilled by weapon R :disgust: filled in)... so I was wondering if anybody in the Orange County area either A) can weld, and has a portable welder, or B) knows someone who meets the A) requirements...

There would of course be some form of compensation involved based on your needs ;)

I would bring the car TO someone... but that is kind of hard without an engine and front suspension in the car :ugh: so they would have to come to my garage to do it...

Thanks in advance

PS 22 days and counting till startup :biggrin:

·
Registered
935 Posts
I would volunteer, i've welded. But it was only aluminum and and I do not want to weldanything that is really worth any value to anyone incase I screw up.

Why do I post this then? I wanted to gloat about knowing how to weld... a bit... plus I do not have any of my own equipment.

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
isn't just like a big Soldering iron?? I can solder. I don't see too much of a difference. But I don't have my own equipment either..:shrug: sorry.

·
RIP CougaH
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not just like soldering you nut... I think YOU'VE been hanging around too much with the 1 Nut 1 Der ;) (although since he helped when we seam welded my subframe, I'm pretty sure HE knows what welding is ;) )

What I need is pretty simple, I need two holes on the shock tower fixed (I can grind them down after they've been filled), and four little pieces of steel welded onto the frame on the front. I am mounting an accusump behind my front bumper, and need the little tabs added to the front framerail so I have something to tap into when mounting the clamping brackets. Then, I also have the spinning nut of death (which sounds like an STD but is anything but) and need one nut that holds the subframe bolts tacked in place so it won't come out again ;)

Thats pretty much it... if we were feeling adventurous, we could weld some nuts to the bottom of the shock towers for my OMP bar... but that is far from a priority ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.