New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
11,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have an idea of what it is, but just thought I'd throw this out...

When I'm coming into or out of a driveway that has an incline, and my wheels are cut (usually either direction) she seems to have a quick slide feel, as if I hit a small patch of ice. As far as I can tell, it's only doing this on the front and it does seem to be almost any incline/dip in the road.

This is something that seems to have just appeared. Right now I have the stock 16's on for winter, but the tires are off another car & are a 55 series sidewall. Their big, like balloons :). Which leads me to believe that this, plus the now cold weather changing the air pressure in the tires is just causing them to move more than normal on the rim. I've checked the pressure and it's at the tires requirements.

My suspension setup is: OMP front strut bar, Koni's & GC's (and still sitting low), Roush rear sway bar & the ST200 rear strut tower brace. I just replaced my front strut mounts last month because they were warn and I have new bushings & brackets in the rear for the Roush when it was installed over the summer. You think that the suspension is just to tight for what the tires can handle? I bought them used off the owner of a Subaru Outback.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Other than the difference in struts, we have the same setup and when i have my GC's relatively slammed i get the same thing. It's almost like when the wheels are cut they slip out. My guess is that this is a byproduct of how camber is negatively affected by lowering the car. i want to try installing camber plates to see if there's a difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts