New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having this idle problem for the past few months. When the car idles, and this happens all the time, no matter the conditions, the car drops rpm's slightly and intermittenly(about 5 secs in between) and I can feel the engine vibration in the driver seat(Mind you this is an MTX in neutral with the clutch depressed). However the car doesn't stall(although it feels like it's going to), and I have no acceleration problems at all. Also, while keeping a steady speed on the highway, the engine seems to hiccup every 20 seconds or so. That is barely noticible, but it still happens. I am getting no engine codes, I have changed my fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs/and wires, and the air filter within the past 6 months, and I'm not experiencing the moosing problem either, so I don't think it's the IACV. I'm just wondering if this is a prelude to a bigger problem. If I can answer any more questions to help diagnose, please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

'99 Cougar(MTX) V-6
72K miles

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Maybe the TPS needs replaced.

·
Registered
674 Posts
do you have gutted precats? I had about the same problem when I gutted my cats. I think it's the air resonating in the empty chamber. I'll let you know if it goes away when I do my headers.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you fix your problem bro?? Mine started doing this today.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yea mines doing the same thing but its also moosing. just got the IACV in from ford parts yesterday so im gonna pop it in this afternoon. im hopin it will take care of the problem. well i guess even if not i wont be moosing anymore.

·
Registered
585 Posts
have you replaced it yet kicker?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts