·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the perf mod list...

SVT UIM
CTA intake
Yodude Dynomax setup w/ duals

Yeah, that's it thus far. I have a SVT LIM to install yet, and need to find an SVT TB.

Anyway, i've noticed at idle there's an extra "beat" if you will that you can hear here and there. No noticeable difference in RPM's or anything, just that extra tone that hits. Does anybody else have this?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
i don't believe I've heard it in my car but have heard it before in others. I always figured that maybe not all the gas ignited or maybe the inector squirted in a tad more gas than the other cylinders and it had a slightly more powerful explotion than the others.

I wouldn't worry about it to much. If it's really bugging you trying dumping a can or two of seafoam into your gas and see if it clears up after a tankful or two.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
sure its not a misfire?

did you do the idle hang mod?

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I have this on mine sometimes - temperature doesn't matter, nor does the length of time the engine has been running. This is on a stock engine with intake, exhaust, and gutted precats.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
humm. Ive had this sometimes, but I know mines a misfire and its virtually inaudible... detected by how the idle goes to about 400rpm's and you can feel it shake the car.

for the sake of it, how many miles are on your plugs? if theyre under 40k then id try a bottle of Chevron w/ Techron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts