New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder how many haters will post on this forum. Maybe they won't post and save us all the trouble.

Anyways I placed:
Best Ford Car (1st Place)
Best Car of Show
$15 Gift Certificate to Hooters!

Wasn't a bad show. I was very happy to take top honors and have nothing done to my interior and engine bay.

G

·
the only problem with that post is that its not general information, its chromacougar information, so maybe if it was in offtopic people wouldnt get all upset about it, and it also says weekend winnerS
not weekend winner, but i only see one winner, but congrats james, im glad you getting some recongnition for you phat ass cougar

·
Registered
161 Posts
hmm..I dunno perhaps sumtimes a win doesn't necesarily have to be broadcasted..I mean if you want to share your enthusiasm..great..but I honestly dont see the need for everyone else to kno if they have no clue who i am. jus mai honest opinion..

and congrats on your win..

G

·
There isnt anything wrong with posting wins at shows. Instead of complaining about it maybe you people (who complain) should be happy that our car is getting so much recognition at these shows. Everybody complains that the Cougar doesnt get enough respect or recognition. These cars winning at these shows are the ones that get us more and more aftermarket interest. It just goes to say that we have the sweetest cars out of the bunch even if they arent always the fastest. Cougars are beating Mustangs and probes and all other Fords out to win these shows. Thats something we should all be proud of.
Frank

G

·
I actually posted this in the other bitching session, but perhaps it fits here too. (with a few mods of course)

As they say opinions are like... well you all know. I have both so here's mine. (Opinion that is) As someone fairly new to this board I've noticed that people here are quite loving and very congenial. Everyone is very pleased to share in the joy that comes from a win, whether it be at a car show or off the line at the track. Oops I think I've posted to the wrong site.....

Seriously though, I really haven't found all this bitching to be too helpful but I see that it kept several people up til the wee hours of the morning, has gone on over 3 days, and gotten 56 replies. While everyone is patting everyone else's back (and their own) I'd like to point out that I asked a few questions in a post and was actually confused about several things and it got an impressive 4 responses. So don't go commending yourselves on being so helpful quite yet, because from a newcomers point of view i've gotten nothing but the cold shoulder from NECO members. (thanks "i have to reboot but amazingly enough i can manage to stay logged on to neco during this process and not talk to you anymore but i'll get my new rims in a couple of weeks" guy)

I honestly have to say what keeps me coming back to this board is the people. ok... maybe the occasional good buy.... or perhaps I'm just bored and have nothing better to do with my time except, of course, play with my *****

About your win... A sincere congrats.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I took first Saturday night as well. It was a tough show, but I think it was the swirl marks in my paint that put me over the top.

Congrats James, If the people keep bitchin, maybe we could challenge all of them to a tough man. I garauntee that we will wind up on top, LOL.

Seriously though, I love your ride.

Lata

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hey, anyone that shows a Cougar is doing good in my book.

Heck, I show mine with classic cars, muscle cars, hot-rods, low-riders, and trucks every Saturday night, and people still keep coming to see my car, even if it doesn't have much done to it yet.

Keep it up man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.