New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
RE: Weapon-R or ZXhunter Headers

last i checked weapon-R headers werent in production yet and the zxtuner ones needed a group buy to get more into production. i emailed both companies about a month ago and thats what they said. if you email either of them and they say any are availible then i would go with zxtuner cause weapon-R is ok but not that great quality.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

Originally posted by: james99
last i checked weapon-R headers werent in production yet and the zxtuner ones needed a group buy to get more into production. i emailed both companies about a month ago and thats what they said. if you email either of them and they say any are availible then i would go with zxtuner cause weapon-R is ok but not that great quality.
not that i know either but how on earth would you know they are "not that great quality"? do you have inside info?

my weapon r intake is what i would consider flawless in quality..never had any problems

i am not trying to be rude just wondering...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

you get what you pay for. i was going by how the v6 headers are. weapon-R is around $360 i beleive, msds is somewhere around $600. the name cant be what makes the price difference, only thing i can think of is quality. and i guess your air filter on your intake hasnt fallen apart yet, i had mine for about 4 months and the sponge is starting to break off and fall all over the place. wouldnt that be a problem if a piece fell on the inside and got suck to the tb?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

nope my filter is fine still....on almost a year now...

but i dont know about the headers quality personally...i was just looking on the site and the weapon r headers look much nicer then the pics ness posted of the ZXtuner ones..

i am sure there is quite a difference just because of the name...i cant see 250 though...who knows..i guess we will find out when someone ponies up and gets one...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

yeah i want to get some too, but it seems everytime i email either company, there's some problem. im thinking of getting a focus or zx2 header and butchering the end to fit a cougar's exhaust flange.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Re: Weapon-R or ZXhunter Headers

my zx2 header is at the boarder right now and should be here in two days...i cant wait to get it put on...

my Cat blew up so this was the best route for me to go...ZX2 header ..an aftermarket tribolt flange on the top of a 2.5" highflow cat with some new custom bent piping to a new flex pipe (that also blew up) right to my stock exhaust....

unfotunately i cant afford a new exhaust as well but i am going to put a straight through muffler on for the time being, and the upgrade the piping next spring...

as it is now i cant even drive my car cause i am affraid of it over heating and blowing a head gasket because of the excessive back pressure of the blown cat....not to mention it stinks like serious doo doo...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

yeah my cat is really clogged right now, i really need to take a look at zxtuner. the header is actually alot cheaper than a stock replacement cat for a 4 cyl.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

james99 said:
yeah my cat is really clogged right now, i really need to take a look at zxtuner. the header is actually alot cheaper than a stock replacement cat for a 4 cyl.
exactly why i went that route...i can get eberything cheaper and installed for less then a stock cat installed

·
Registered
46 Posts

james99 said:
you get what you pay for. i was going by how the v6 headers are. weapon-R is around $360 i beleive, msds is somewhere around $600. the name cant be what makes the price difference, only thing i can think of is quality.
Nice.

I could sell you a set of special Weapon R headers for $700 if you like...

They're just like the normal Weapon R headers, but infused with $300 worth of "quality" :)

·
Registered
12 Posts

I would go for the zxtuner headers cause it has been dyno tested and comes with both upper and lower sections, and MIL eliminator to prevent the service engine light from illuminating. I just bought it so I will keep you updated. I also e-mailed weapon-r and they didn't really give me that much info on the headers. the only info I received was it's a 4-2-1 and has not been dyno tested. well, good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.