New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought the weapon r headers and installed them today. the EGR tube from the EGR valve to the rear header doesn't fit it is too short. is it a design flaw or just a bad batch of hearers

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Its not a bad batch or design flaw. These headers were designed for 2001-2002 Cougars and thats a difference in models. Do a search for weapon R headers in these boards, and you will find the solution. Another member had the same issue, and resolved it with about 10dollars of work.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The problem is anytime this topic is brought up, the thread is locked, and/or deleted.

I installed these on the "beta test car" and noted all the fitment problems associated with a pre 2001 install.
Rumor had it that these issues were fixed, but it appears not.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
They are fixed except for the EGR tube, but fact is, THEY ARE 2001 - 2002 specific headers. You don't see me buying a y-pipe for a 99 and griping that it doesn't fit do you?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Hey CougaBalla Calm down dude. He didnt want to spend the extra cash for the MSDS. He bought the Weapon R. All he needs to do is have bungs welded in.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Actually my post was directed towards CougarGT. Sorry bout that. Just referring to him exclaiming about the fitment when he is trying to apply a product to something it isn't meant to fit. Fordrule is fine

Alex

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarBalla2k5
They are fixed except for the EGR tube, but fact is, THEY ARE 2001 - 2002 specific headers. You don't see me buying a y-pipe for a 99 and griping that it doesn't fit do you?
If you go read what CC.com says about the headers, it ONLY mentions the extra HEGO sensor bung needed for a 99-00 Cougar. Not to mention the link to the headers clearly states 99-02 V6 Stainless Steel Headers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts