New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought the weapon r headers and installed them today. the EGR tube from the EGR valve to the rear header doesn't fit it is too short. is it a design flaw or just a bad batch of hearers

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Its not a bad batch or design flaw. These headers were designed for 2001-2002 Cougars and thats a difference in models. Do a search for weapon R headers in these boards, and you will find the solution. Another member had the same issue, and resolved it with about 10dollars of work.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The problem is anytime this topic is brought up, the thread is locked, and/or deleted.

I installed these on the "beta test car" and noted all the fitment problems associated with a pre 2001 install.
Rumor had it that these issues were fixed, but it appears not.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarBalla2k5
They are fixed except for the EGR tube, but fact is, THEY ARE 2001 - 2002 specific headers. You don't see me buying a y-pipe for a 99 and griping that it doesn't fit do you?
If you go read what CC.com says about the headers, it ONLY mentions the extra HEGO sensor bung needed for a 99-00 Cougar. Not to mention the link to the headers clearly states 99-02 V6 Stainless Steel Headers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.