New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes we were delayed.

We shipped 50+ units for the cougar, and also shipped over 50 units for the Maxima at the same time.
May not seem like a lot, but that's in addition to our steady BMW business which is still many steps ahead.

Sorry if you are unhappy, but for a moderator, I guess I'd expect more decorum.

Whatever we did to piss you off, we'll probably have a good way to mend it.
 

·
So its begun.....
Joined
·
16,838 Posts
This is too inform everyone taht they don't use the PM service on the board. So don't try to PM him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,959 Posts
Originally posted by: umnitza
Sorry if you are unhappy, but for a moderator, I guess I'd expect more decorum.

Whatever we did to piss you off, we'll probably have a good way to mend it.
You didn't take my moderatorship into account when you gave this response when i asked to make sure they fit in a set of 99-00 first.

Originally posted by: umnitza
So, having literally designed the product on over 8 different styles of headlights qualifies us as the pool boy who can only clean kiddie pools?

Those will work. Period. The way we designed this product, it WILL work. it will work on the middle and outer.
i was fully on board, posting that i was in on 10/4, and even commented that they looked good on 11/16. But instead of simply providing proof by putting them in a set of 99-00, you decided to take the position that "those will work. Period." You may know the headlights of BMW's and Nissans, but apparently you did not notice that they will NOT work the same way as in the 01-02. One member broke two rings trying to install them, first because he didn't have instructions and secondly because of the difference in the 99-00 headlights. Only after then did you believe what i tried pointing out two months ago. Now you've asked for close-ups of the headlights so you can determine why they don't fit the same.

It would've been a lot easier if two months ago you would have gotten a set of 99-00's and made sure that they indeed fit, so that we would know "those will work. Period."

But when i prompted to have them test fitted on a set of 99-00, i got this...

Originally posted by: umnitza
So, the fact that you have a projector, limits my options. Since I know that the 75mm is VERY new, and the other size projector 90 has been around indefinitely, I conclude that what we know will fit with 99% certainty.
Well, i guess the 1% chance that they wouldn't fit happened.

You can question my decorum, but i asked for them to be test fitted in a set of 99-00's three times. That's strike three... and i'm out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: ignernt
Originally posted by: umnitza
Sorry if you are unhappy, but for a moderator, I guess I'd expect more decorum.

Whatever we did to piss you off, we'll probably have a good way to mend it.
You didn't take my moderatorship into account when you gave this response when i asked to make sure they fit in a set of 99-00 first.

Originally posted by: umnitza
So, having literally designed the product on over 8 different styles of headlights qualifies us as the pool boy who can only clean kiddie pools?

Those will work. Period. The way we designed this product, it WILL work. it will work on the middle and outer.
i was fully on board, posting that i was in on 10/4, and even commented that they looked good on 11/16. But instead of simply providing proof by putting them in a set of 99-00, you decided to take the position that "those will work. Period." You may know the headlights of BMW's and Nissans, but apparently you did not notice that they will NOT work the same way as in the 01-02. One member broke two rings trying to install them, first because he didn't have instructions and secondly because of the difference in the 99-00 headlights. Only after then did you believe what i tried pointing out two months ago. Now you've asked for close-ups of the headlights so you can determine why they don't fit the same.

It would've been a lot easier if two months ago you would have gotten a set of 99-00's and made sure that they indeed fit, so that we would know "those will work. Period."

But when i prompted to have them test fitted on a set of 99-00, i got this...

Originally posted by: umnitza
So, the fact that you have a projector, limits my options. Since I know that the 75mm is VERY new, and the other size projector 90 has been around indefinitely, I conclude that what we know will fit with 99% certainty.
Well, i guess the 1% chance that they wouldn't fit happened.

You can question my decorum, but i asked for them to be test fitted in a set of 99-00's three times. That's strike three... and i'm out.
amen brotha, they can shove those easily breakable pieces of **** up there ass, cuz im 99% sure they will fit
btw, you've come across as nothing but an arrogant ******* since you've join the boards, i appreciate ya trying to make an item for a cougar, but when someone is worried about fitment and you give comments like that, what do you expect in return?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The answers to your questions are:

Without instructions and after instant messages to me, one user broke two rings doing something he should not have - install without instructions.

He even admitted this to me. I don't know if you would go out and install something without instructions.

Do they fit, I'm still 99% confident they do.

And if I came off as arrogant so be it, I'll hope to sway your opinion in the positive direction.

No other manufacturer comes on here and takes the initiative to build those, no other manufacturer actually fulfilled their promises of a product for this car.

Say what you will, but the last comment should be the most telling on where we stand - we intend to make it right.

Even the one forum member that broke two rings commented that knowing what he knew now with the instructions, that he could make them fit fine <-- maybe I'm wrong, but that tells me it's probable.

When I asked for feedback on the instructions, most people said they were good. The rest stayed silent.

When I asked for feedback in general, don't hesitate. What you've done here is constructive and tells us there are key areas of improvement for both the product and our ongoing support of this forum.

So, in summary, you can throw the stones, but we'll catch them and make you happy eventually (be it within a day, a week, or worst case a month).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,817 Posts
Not for anything....but what the hell are you even selling? I can guess by your cute little logo....but your marketing is, shall we say, horrible.

Being one of the people you are trying to market youself towards....your website is impossible to navigate, and the messages you post here are cryptic at best.

Maybe you should start off by explaining what you are trying to peddle, and how much are said wares.
 

·
So its begun.....
Joined
·
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: Fett
Not for anything....but what the hell are you even selling? I can guess by your cute little logo....but your marketing is, shall we say, horrible.

Being one of the people you are trying to market youself towards....your website is impossible to navigate, and the messages you post here are cryptic at best.

Maybe you should start off by explaining what you are trying to peddle, and how much are said wares.


Oh wait its only a couple posts down.....

As far as everything else goes(instructions) This probably could've been handled better such as a note when they were shipped possibly stating the instructions were on the way. Unfortunately as a business owner he has deadlines to meet. But for him its a double edged sword. He could've held them longer and made you wait for the instructions, at that point you would've been complaing about how lopng it took. Now they've been shipped and everyone is happy to get them, but now have to wait a little for instructions. A couple even went ahead without the instr. and broke them..However they are being replaced WITHOUT hassle mind you. Deadlines suck regardless of the business you're in. You don't always get to finish everything 100% becasue of them. Just look at software manufacturers for instance. (activision) for ex. Always made deadlines, but their Patches were in abundance!! Basically, if you can wait without complaining for the final product, you'll get what you were looking for. Because of the deadline, he didn't have 99/00 lights for fitment, I volunteered mine but being so close to deadline and the holidays, it just didn't happen. I feel for any manufacturer who comes to this board and offers a product because one slip up or mistake in any aspect of your relations and the members here will eat you alive!! I don't say much here, but situations like this make US look bad to any one who might even think about making something for us!

His confidence may have come across as arrogant, and I do agree about the 99% sure should not have been said, but thats his confidence in his product. To me, I think he's been VERY professional in his rebuttles on here, especially with some of the language people were using. And through all of this HE IS STILL PROMISING TO MAKE IT WORK CORRECTLY!!! Tell me another manufacturer that posts on here thats offering that?!

Thanks for listening :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you. You said it better than I did.
IT was the difference between 20 people telling me they didn't have product and 20 people telling me they didn't have instructions.

Most people prefer product that they can see and most people are patient to wait for that instruction.

Again, apologies in advance. We handle over 300 inquiries per day, that is why for us we can't do PMs.

And one more THING: we are the manufacturer. If you have an issue, contact CustomCougars. THEY provide you support, I'll listen to James from now on, and YOU can handle your comments with him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Originally posted by: umnitza
no other manufacturer actually fulfilled their promises of a product for this car.

Hmmmm i wonder where all the body kits and hoods and all the other aftermarket parts for our car came from then, musta just fell out of the sky.

Oh and heres a tip if you hate the PM's so much. Click the profile button on the top toolbar, scroll down a bit and youll see an option to turn off PM's. End of problem.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
11,560 Posts
I guess he was too good for the PM I sent him back when these were still in the development stage for us. I offered to send him a 99-00 headlight, no strings attached (ie in exchange for a free set), for test fitting.

The offer still stands. I think most people would rather have a set that installs properly on top of the cups that are found only in the 99-00 lights. Because we need them to keep the sun from melting the inside of the housing...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,343 Posts
Originally posted by: umnitza
And one more THING: we are the manufacturer. If you have an issue, contact CustomCougars. THEY provide you support, I'll listen to James from now on, and YOU can handle your comments with him.
Most manufacturers handle support of their product rather than dealers/distributors. Look at the warranty on any piece of stereo equipment, most of them say to send it to them, not to take it back to the point of purchase. Granted, there are a few exceptions, but in general, the manufacturer warranties the item, not the seller.

Originally posted by: umnitza
We handle over 300 inquiries per day, that is why for us we can't do PMs.
Oh my god. 300 inquiries per day. Yet you still have time to argue with us here AND manufacture your product, when do you find the time to eat and sleep?
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top