New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these terrible water spots on all my windows that just won't come off! I've tried everything I can think of to get them to come off with no prevail. There must be some trick of the trade that I don't know about to get em off. I would appreciate any input anyone might have. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by: kustomcougar
you mean that they won't come off when you wash it or use window cleaner?:confused:
lol... they won't come off with industrial strength glass cleaner, rubbing alcohol, or many other things I've tried including brake cleaner! I swear to God the water spots are etched into the glass! The next thing I might try is a clay bar and some paint cleaner... maybe I'll have some luck with that.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
did you by any chance have your car near a sprinkler? they have "hard water" that leaves spots that look like water and are VERY hard to take off.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the same water spots on all my glass. No glass cleaner gets rid of them! I am ready to break the windows and let insurance by new glass!

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
funny this should come up, I washed my G6 yesterday for the first time and there's water spots all over the place. I used window cleaner twice and rubbed really hard, and they're still there.

Mike

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i know this may sound crazy to u all but nu-finish liquid car polish will do the trick for your glass also the water will bead off of it while driving as well gets rid of water spots also try 1" razor blade and plenty of water so it does not scratch the glass the razor blade will get alot of the dirt off you don't even see on there.

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
I had really bad spots on my windows, and got a 'special' bottle from a bodyshop friend & a scotchbright pad & they all came right off.
Don't know what it was, looked like Windex but was way stronger. It also came with the warning to not get it on paint or skin :eek:. Might want to call up a body shop or auto detailer and ask if they mix their own window cleaner from a concentrate & if you could buy a spraybottle's worth.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm having this same problem, and the guy at Autozone suggested to use CLR (Calicum Lime Rust, a product normally used to clean household sinks, tubs, and glassware). What do you guys think? It says its safe to use on glassware, but to avoid getting it on painted surfaces. I'm thinking about dialuting it with water and then trying some on a small spot, to see how it works/damages anything.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Its 2:30AM in the morning and I'm tired. I read the title to this thread as sports instead of spots >.> And then I was like o_O wtf? Then I look closer and realize what it said. However, then I look in the thread and what do I see?

"Try not to get any on the paint, mmmkay? Thanks."

Coincidence? I think not :x

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Late-night reading is bad for the head. Alcohol is the common cure, and is readily available. I prescribe a dose of 3 shots of the highest proof you can get every 20 minutes until tired-ness symptom is gone, then take dosage for another hour as good measure.

On topic: All of the above are good remedies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.