New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this wierd noise coming from the water pump area first thing in the morning, then after about 1 minute or so it goes away, any idea what it could be? Its a hard sound to explain, but annoying.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
i know what ur talking bout but forgot what it was called, i know it cost like 80 bucks at ford to get it... everyone has the same problem almost, i have it

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah does it still do it or have you resolved that problem, I mean the car is running great and can see no driveability problems at this time, but on the other hand I would like to fix it. Well when you get a chance get back to me on what you have found. I also have what you call a hard shift when stepping on the gas pedal, then I let go its like a bang shift, it doesn't happen all the time, only from hard acceleration then a sudden slow down or stopping, its like it is hurting my poor *****.Anyone know what that is or causing it?

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
the noise u r hearing does no damage ive had it for one year and nothing..what i noticed in the year it only does it in cold weather,, its a something valve,, its a round circle thing at the top of the engine bay, near the top right of the engine,, and with the tranny check if u have enough fluid, mine does it but also more problems so i need a new tranny

ford knows what it is, and again to get rid of that noise u have to pay near 80 bucks for it.. not that expenive

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
yeah thats it

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Yeah, if it's like a hoot or moan or foghorn kinda noise - your Idle Air Control Valve is getting a little crusty. Probably the rubber plunger inside is wearing out and it's not lining up correctly, causing the intake to react like someone blowing across the top of a beer bottle.

Not a real problem, just an annoyance. Can be fixed with a new IACV.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks man I was just about ready to give up on that annoying foghorn sound and just live with it. Is it an easy fix or something ford should do? Thanks again for the insight.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the sound is not a foghorn or anything like that, but thanks for the information. The sound is more like a squeling sound then as the car warms up it slowly goes away. and it coming from the water pump area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts