New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stan Meyer's Dune Buggy

Check it out, its a tragedy. The restaurant that is spoken of is Cracker Barrel in Grove City, where I live. It urks me to see this, truely it does.

Though I dont know if its true, it might not be, but it is an interesting read.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
I still find that story to be a whole lot of hoop-la.

In other words, people with too much time on their hands making crap up. If he used hydrolysis, yes it could technically "run on water", but it takes energy to make the energy. You can't convert energy to another form without loss of energy. In other words, you use more energy then you gain by converting water into hydrogen. If he found some other god send way of making energy just appear out of water, then yes, that would be sweet and tradgic.

·
Registered
796 Posts
There are a lot of holes in the story... and their rant about 9/11 calls the rest of it into doubt...

"We were told the US twin towers was taken down by airplanes, when the truth is, it was taken down by C4 explosives."
"Building #7 came down in 7 seconds"

But hey, you can find all kinds of crazies on the internet...
though, not to be jugdemental I think I'll go look for the patent it mentions.

·
Registered
796 Posts
So, the only patent that even mentions his name listed an article about his death as a reference, but he is not listed as the inventor. It is only for an efficient electrolysis cell that doesn't use chemicals, or cause the gas to build up on the electrodes before floating to the surface. I can't look at the pictures from work, but from the power rating on the transistor they used it seems like it would take a decent amount of power (1000w+), and it requires two power sources for full production, meaning 2000+ watts ... so for a car it would cause a continuous draw of 100+ amps from the alernator, not including everything else that needs power.

The hydrogen cell was patented by Xogen Power Inc shortly after his death, they had already patented it in Japan a year before he died.

Also one of "his ideas" for making cars run on water was actually stolen from another researcher, which is why it never made it to production. It was to inject a small amount of water, give it a strong pulse of about 40Khz (waters resonant freq.) causeing the water to expand and seperate into Hydrogen & oxygen, then use a special spark plug to ignite the expanding mixture.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm interesting. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
679 Posts
never noticed this before

wow i have a buddy that lives in grove tuckey that talks bout this guy all the time... some how or another he is friends with that guys family.....

from what he has said and i get out of it Meyer was affraid of his idea gettin stolen by a liar lawyer or someone thats why he never patented it and he keep all the specs of it in his brain ...

and the part of the Arabs wanting it for their military wasnt what i heard... they were affraid of he selling these water based engines and the need for gas ( what the arabs were in business for ) wouldnt be on high demand.....

once again its all hear say but its weird ive never seen this on the net before and he always talked bout it... kinda made me wonder if he was bs'ing .....but hey maybe he was on to something ....

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Oh my god. Seriously, people give the arab nations too much credit.

I had a guy explain to me the whole process of how he invented hydralisis, but the government came and took all his drawings and took credit for it. Threatened him with his life, the whole hoopla. This was at a Firestone, by Eastland mall. I was like "uh huh, uh huh" the whole time. People are just crazy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts