New Cougar Forum banner

washer nozzle lights??

1K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  GNCcougar 
G
#1 ·
i just got some of these things and i dont know where to wire the red wire too. could someone tell where and how to wire the red one too.

#2 ·
At first I tried to run them through the fuse box in the engine bay, but that didn't work.....BUT IF you have stock or aftermarket fog lights splice into the power wire and wire them through the fog lights...I'll go out and check in a few to see which one it is.
Hope this helps.

Jason

PS~I got pulled last night and given a warning ticket for driving with them on...but that's in NC good luck.

G
#3 ·
About those lights watch out cause they might be illegal on the street. But as for connecting the red wire you can mainly connect it to any lighting wire it doesnt matter if you connect to the parking or driving or fog it will work where ever you slice the wire and connect it.

#5 ·
The reason I did the fog lights is because that seemed to be the easiest switch to turn on and off. (ya just pull it out) But he's right it should work with any light fixture you splice them into....I did get pulled and he did give me a warning ticket....but he was City not a State Trooper...I've actually had state troopers compliment me on them...they're red on a laser red...It just seems that city cops here have something shoved up their a$$..good luck either route you take and keep an eye out for po po's...

Jason

G
#8 ·
i have another question to add... If i wanna hook up a switch on the inside of the carto work with the nozzle lights.. do i have to drill through the firewall? and if i do where exactly do i drill? i have a 5spd if that makes any difference where to drill.

G
#9 ·
I must have bad luck or something because this was just a pain in the butt, all for some dingleberry nozzle lights. :tongue:
I first tried hooking them up to my fogs in my fuse box, nothing in there will support the lights (I end up blowing my high beam fuse cause i'm a dumbass). I tested which wires to splice on the headlights, cut em up and it didn't work... tested again... cut more wires up -- didn't work... so in the end, every friggen wire is sliced up-- ground and all for the lights and my last try works. Anyways... my question is(Before I start slicing and dicing more random wires) where can I connect these lights to the fogs? Are the fog ground and power wires easily accessible? (could you point them out on my pic?)

#11 ·
Hey Ether I don't know exactly how the fog light structure looks on the 2001 models, but on my 99', when I take my fog light out I have to unattatch a blue connector....now from this blue connector are some wires....slice into them (what I did) using your tester until you find the right one...then just attatch the wires and do some cleanup work to make it look "pretty" and try to hide your wires as best as possible. I ran both wires to my drivers side fog light...it's up to you which you do. So you blew a fuse eh...luckily I didn't do that, but I did realize that I couldn't do that because then they would come on whenever I turned on any exterior light (parking, low's, and fogs). And I do agree the fogs do seem the best place to put them IMO. I got in enough trouble here with them on all the time (stupid city cops) I could only imagine what would've happened if he saw them flashing with my sidemarkers....they think any exterior aftermarket light is considered "impersonating a cop". Anyway good luck to whoever trys this mod, I personally like it.

Jason

#12 ·
If I'm not mistaken the wires behind the fog lights should resemble the headlights so the red wire from the LED's on your hood would splice into the orange wire behind the fog lights. I think, don't hold me to it though.

Jason

G
#13 ·
Thanks Jason - I'll certainly give it a try... so you got pulled over with yours on? The main reason why I bought the white lights was because red or blue would probably piss some of the campus cops here. I've only had them in for a few days, so I'll have to wait and see.....

edit:-- Red2k; I just read a thread on the group buy section about hyper white bulbs for sidemarkers and liscense plate...
http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=15&threadid=20360

G
#14 ·
I would rec tappin into the foglights....
I talked to a Denver cop today while havin lunch at my dads station and he was sayin some cops would pull you over, some wouldnt. It just depends on the cop.

Kinda like some cops wouldnt give you a ticket for 10-27 over. But one would for 4 over.

#19 ·
GNCougar,
Most cars have at least one rubber grommet in the firewall for wires to pass from the passenger compartment to the engine or for example, the throttle cable. You can gently slice the grommet (rubber plug) with a knife and push the wires through the new opening. Much easier and safer than drilling through the firewall. :)

G
#20 ·
2kblackcat....yeah i found you dont have to drill a while ago this thread is kinda old....at least 3 months old...someone just posted on it recently thats why its up here again. its funny though cause your the only person that answered my firewall question :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.