New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5,800 miles, my car is in the shop to have what I believe to be a warped front brake rotor replaced under warantee. Has this happened to anyone else with low miles, or is mine just a fluke?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yup, I did..

Had my rotors machined at 20,000Km, then again at around 21,000km, and then replaced at around 22,000km. Rear drums were also machined at 22,000km, and looks like they need to be either machined or replaced again(i'm currently at 30,000km)

And what sux is that i'm really easy on the car, and can't believe that they keep getting warped.

...Pritesh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish I could help you out with that one but I have a hard enough time with the mileage on my car.....But speaking of it being in the shop, mine is in there too because the wheels were unbalanced and something was wrong with my steering wheel and emergency brake (kinda need that when parking on campus, it's all steep hills throughout and I don't want my ***** to end up in the river).....At least the problems are popping up now instead of some time when it could be dangerous.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice.....it's about time we saw you post in the forums!

Have the official welcome to NECO.

WELCOME!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to give you a heads up... My dealership did replace my rotors under warrenty at 22,000Km. You just really need to stick at it. (One of the Ford Canada offices was also involved, so that is why they replaced it for free.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not having any trouble with the service shop (it's in as we speak). I was just curious as to how common a problem this is. Maybe the next time they warp under warantee, I could get them to give me the $$ value of the rotors and buy some that are a little better...

...or I could just be dreaming...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OOH,I like that idea, I had thought of that one myself. Put on nice big rotors, shiny cross drilled rotors. I am drooling!
Why do they put crappy rotors on in the first place, they rust and look like s#@t after no time at all. My only brake problem was sqealing after like only 1k miles, finally after 2 attempts they replaced the pads at 10k miles. Now I have 14k and guess what? They sqeak again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put my cat in the garage for the winter and when I took her back out this spring the car shakes when braking. Funny thing is that it only occurs at 30MPH or less. I took it to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong. HMMMMM! My cat has only 7800 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.