New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help with my car, i try to keep it cleam but it needs something, or maybe a lot of things! give me suggestions on rims, body kits, spoilers...anything that will make my car look sweet! thanks a bunch

http://www.cougardb.com/image.php?id=3027

theres a pic at cougarbd.com its ash gold (might be hard to tell cuz its in the dark)

·
Registered
178 Posts
It all depends on preference, I suggest looking around at what other people have, finding stuff you like then finding out what it is. As far as spoilers go I like the Wings West High Rise, I think it makes a considerable difference in the way your car looks and doesn't look tacky like an aluminum wing, that alone could give it a sweet look. Maybe throw on a dual exhaust, looks sweet (central muffler, not dual fart cans) and gives it a nice throaty sound (plus better gas mileage and a hp boost, not much but hey it's a bonus). If you're going for rims it's gonna be expensive, buying cheap rims isn't worth spending the money and then you gotta get tires as well, that can get pretty costly for a decent set, body kits as well can go for upwards of $1200 and that's before fitment painting and if you get a kit you gotta get springs and then theres the chance of cracking yo [censored] and if you've seen a body kit that's been cracked it ain't pretty. If your not a millionaire, I would personally throw on a Wings West High Rise wing ($300) , borla or flowmaster dual exhaust ($310-475), and maybe some demon/angel eyes ($180ish if you buy em, cheaper if you do it yourself). and that's under a grand. Then theres some subtle things you could do to give it some character like painted taillight covers, cougar 3rd break light cover, fog lights. Thats what i would get if i was going for exterior looks and not looking to spend a whole lotta dough. I think It would give your car a distinct look, but that's just my opinion. Make sure you post and let us know what you end up deciding on.

Check out JScullin's demon/angel eyes, did it himself and it looks sick, an easy exterior mod that will really set you apart from other cars out there http://www.cougardb.com/image.php?id=1016

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your input, im probably not going to get a kit anytime soon, but i do want a visteon spoiler. demon eyes will also be on my list of things to get. i have factory fogs, and i love em so i wont get any other ones. as for exhaust, im not sure...im thinkin of just gettin a weapon r muffler for now, but when i get a lot of cash, going for duals. my biggest problem is rims...should i get something blingy?? or go for a dark??? i like stuff u can see from far away, so prolly a silver or chrome, guys just tell me what rims look good and where i can get some that wont break me, also if anyone is good at photoshop send me some pics of a gold coug...aint too many hooked up and i want to be one of the firt to do it!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
The visteon spoiler looks hot. As far as rims go http://www.axiswheels.com/neo.html I'm a big fan of these. But I don't really know a whole lot of rims that look good on the coug. But what you could do is check out the for sale section of the forums and see if anyone is selling their rims. You can probably land a sweet set for cheap, they'll be second hand of course, but most people usually take good care of a thousand+ dollar invenstment so they'll most likely be in great condition.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i really like racing rims, but i also like how shiny my factory rims are, i sorta like the Alba Blaze rims, but they are expensive!!!! also...cosmetic wise...woul dual or single exhaust look better since i dont plan to get a kit anytime soon???

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
getting 5% tine next monday....still need suggestions

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Just to give you a better idea...

You're better off researching some of the mods you want to do, as opposed to asking a community of us what would be a good idea on your car. It's your car, and you should be customizing for yourself, not for us. Take a look around CougarDB, or on here in the Vid/Pics (or forum of your choice) to get an idea of what's out there. Then give us some direction as to what you really want to do, and I'm sure you'll receive more responses with better alternatives listed.

Edit: To this day, I still get a kick out these kind of threads. We all know what a Cougar looks like (referring to your original comment to check out your car) :biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts