New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone, ive read the posts lately between the W7 and the Solox, which one does everyone want, I'm going with the W7 but might change, dont know yet. Which one do yall vote for

Thanks

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
That totally depends on how deep your pockets are bud! I priced out 2 SoloX's today, with amps, no install, tax, or box, it was around $11,400! But, with that, I can almost guaruntee you're gonna be the loudest car around! How does a 171.1dB sound to you? I dunno if that's music to my ears, or my ears bleeding, but those are some hella impressive numbers! But, remember, if you're hitting that high, you're not gonna have much left for glass, you'll need mylar - and I hear that's not street legal - so pick your system carefully!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
If you actually plan on listening to your music, DO NOT BUY THE SOLO-X. It isn't meant to be heard, its meant to meter. Get the W7s. Or (Gotta say it) Resonant Engineering XXX 18s

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarBalla2k5
If you actually plan on listening to your music, DO NOT BUY THE SOLO-X. It isn't meant to be heard, its meant to meter. Get the W7s. Or (Gotta say it) Resonant Engineering XXX 18s
Very well said! SoloX's aren't for the listener...they're for the competer! So if you wanna compete, and win, get the SoloX's, if you want something for everyday listening, get the W7's. And, remember, with the SoloX's, you're gonna need 4...that's right...FOUR of Kicker's 1200.1 amps to run each sub. Cha-Ching!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i heard 2 solo x 18's in a van that had like 4 bd1500's 4 optima batts and couple other amps and it 161

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarBalla2k5
You don't need kicker amps though. A single MA AUDIO amp would power it. The harrison labs drag queen would kill it. 20000 watts rms.
20,00 watts. But how much is that gonna cost? I looked at the JBL Crown series 6,000 watt amp, it was $13,000, so I don't think this one will be any cheaper!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
ok this opinion is based on a LOT of advice i recieved in the uk from a very well reknowned (award wins and magazine features) if you want all out spl no contest(as good as the w7's are) the solox will hit harder plain and simple if you want sound quality and the ability to pound out the bass then go for the w7's
although the solox has a very high power rating (rms) one of the reason's is they are not a very efficient(relativley)sub and they NEED that much power.
bear in mind if you want spl you can acheive very good result's with some cheaper sub's as other's have pointed out solox's are not cheap to say the least neither is the w7(although these are a LOT harder to find a sub to get near the quality of sound they produce)
i'd say the choice,if you want one or the other without other option's come's down to qaulity or spl all of this information is ofcourse relative bear in mind these are two of the best sub's money can buy!!:biggrin: hope some of this helps you make a decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts