New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres my thing im trying to get 2 jl w7s and a jl 1000.1 for each of them so 2 1000.1 and 2 w7s and make a custom fiberglass enclosure in the trunk with neons in it anyway then for the inside i was gonna keep my infinity 5x7s in the rear and try to get 8'' subs for the doors and a few tweeters to get some highs and have maybe a jl 500.2 for the inside speakers and another 500.2 for the 8 inchers in the doors but my question is what 8'' will fit in the doors without me havin to mod a whole lot i remember someome tellin me somethin about comp vrs i think it was? but i need to know from you experts what would sound good? and does that setup with the w7s and all sound good for our cars?
HELP ME OUT
Thanks

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
get ready for a lot of work and a lot of money.

I don't think you should go for two 8"s in the front IMO.
I think that you should get the custom door panels from customcougars.com
and throw some 6.5" subs in there.

Whatever way you go, it will turn out great.....because you have a cougar, and we all know that all cougars are great:)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i had never seen those door panels before! those look sweet!!!! does anyone have them yet???? i would love to see some mroe pics...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
subs and amps sound good..i believe you can link the amps so they are insync and the infinties are great speakers...i thinkthe 8 upfront are over kill and i would say to just get some really nice 6 1/2" components infinty kappa's or perfects are amazing...those amps to me sound a little big for all the components and rears..i would say one of the 500.4 would be fine for all of that...save your self as much money as you can, because you are going to need some huge wires for all that stuff more then likely a yellow top would help and a cap or two to keep things smooth..not to mention those mono amps and W7's are going to cost an arm and a leg..mind you in the states you can get that stuff a little cheaper but here in Canada those subs are $1250 a pop and the amps are right there too...and then you have to build a wicked perfect box for those subs and it will have to be thick and heavy especially if fiberglass is being used...i could see negative pressure imploding the box...those subs move huge amounts of air..anyway..you are on the right track..wish i had the money for that setup..well i guess i could always pawn this engagement ring and get the subs...hehe just kidding...please post your finished and during pics

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
you could probably fit those 8 inchers into the reas ALOT easier than you could into your doors why don't you want to put them there? then install either your infinites in your doors or some components and ditch the infinites get another set of tweeters and put them in the back to get some highs back there like maybe installed in the headlighted.. just becasue that is a very deep system youa re buiding if don'e right... a system like this you better do a wicked install otherwise it isn't going to be worth it to spend that kinda money on some tunes...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well then how about the 2 w7s and 2 1000.1 for them and infinity perfect or kappa 6.5s for the front door and my infinity 5x7s for the rear that i have now and 2 tweeters up front and another battery in the trunk with 2 farads? think that would be my best bet?
Thanks for all your help and im gettin a custom fiberglass box for the trunk done by some amazing people so it shoudl be good

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
you will still need an amp for the fronts and rears to counter the retarded amounts of bass youre gonna get from the rear..heehe...if you into spending a little more on the components take a look see at some focal or mb quartz..pricy but nice..please post pics of the finished glass work..love to see custom install ideas...i am thiking about changing mine..who needs a trunk area anyway..all iput in there is groceries anyway..hehehplenty of room in the back seat for that

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well yea im not an idiot i was gonna get maybe a jl 500.4 for the two fronts and two rear speakers but someone mentioned 6.5's for the front doors....who makes good 6.5's with an equal amount of bass and highs? mb quart for the rear speakers you mean? help me out guys im just a cougarholic lookin for some BASSSSS lol thanks and i probably wont get this set up all done till like march or april but i will DEFINETLY post pics for you all to drool over :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts