New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

At World Insight we have been doing some brainstorming about creating an event similar in idea (but not size) to the Gumball 3000. We're thinking a rally with checkpoints along the way where prizes and contests will be held.

Just as a way to gauge interest, would this be something that you guys would be interested in if it was a Saturday and no more than 500 miles in length?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
good god, but sounds interesting...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean good god. feed back so we can make this event great.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Can you post up anything about what this would be like? I'm not familiar with the Gumball 3000. I assume it's a 3000 mile race but have never heard of it.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
500 miles in one day is a hell of a drive. span it over the weekend. keep it as a race but it sounds fun, given ample amout if time to ask off from work id do it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well total length we are looking at about 300 tops.

I will post up more info as it becomes availible. and the event is scheduled for end of april beginning of may. so we are planning this out way in advace.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
what kinda of check points you talking about? is this gunna be like an extended poker run or something like the gumball?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There will be a poker run scanverger hunt and numerous events at the each check point including raffles, prizes for being a certain number of car to roll in to the check point. 50/50 going on plus food and sponsors at each check point.

According to our polls right now that we have going on. we are exspecting a minimum of 100 cars.

yell at 20 buck pre reg or 25 day of event you can beat it. the grab bag is going to full of stuff also.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
yall got a location yet?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We think we have the route but are still working the paper work for the finish and start. November 3rd i will be personally be driving this route and talking to shops along the way.

Keep in mind this is in the very beginning stages. and is about 6 months away. but thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
i agree that if it's more than a couple hundred miles, that this should b stretched out over a weekend. u could do some kind of bullrun kinda thing where at the end of day 1 everyone meets at x hotel. depending on when u got there determines when u leave the next morning. it may get a little complicated to figure that out w/ 100+ cars though. plus if u cram it into 1 day, that doesn't give people time to enjoy the event. they're busy driving. if there's a party stop in the middle and a party afterwards, then it could b an enjoyable thing. u could do it like how fest is. registration/welcoming at start on thursday night. start friday morning, "race" friday and saturday, hang out and party friday and saturday nights, then a little show or hang out sunday. just my 2cents

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the legal disclaimer is complete and we now have support from local PD

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
something along the lines of no drag racing, or something to that sort.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
basically that the sponsoring party is not held liable for you breaking the way ifyou choose to do so.

when I say local PD they will be at the end and starting lines with displays set up and directing traffic.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
So you're saying I should get the SC'd Coug up and running so I can participate? If anyone wants to help with that you are more than welcome. I've had a few come assist in a couple things but if anymore want to come you're more than welcome.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey everyone,

Coming in May to Columbus, GA will be an event similar in style (but not in cost) to rally events such as the Gumball 3000 or Bullrun. About 250 miles over 5 cities will be on the route to begin and end in Columbus, GA. This is going to be a fun alternative to a car show with raffles, drawings, contests and fun. Part of the proceeds will be given to charity as well. Pricing will be the same as if entering in a local car show.

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

G

·
500 miles in one day is a hell of a drive. span it over the weekend. keep it as a race but it sounds fun, given ample amout if time to ask off from work id do it! :thumbsup:

good lord you're still the lazy fat ass I remember :rofl: ` We all know you wont make any meet outside of 30 miles from Savannah.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
good lord you're still the lazy fat ass I remember :rofl: ` We all know you wont make any meet outside of 30 miles from Savannah.
Not true..... he went down to FL for a meet not too long ago.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts