New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I saw that a few months back when i was thinking about buying the cougar - but i kinda brushed it off after reading up on FI on this site. I forgot about it until now, i honestly have no idea if it's legit or not though.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I would call and see if they actually have a kit available,if they do and it has the pin drive shaft. Its still totally worth it, I have had this kit on my car for 30k and no issues at all. I plan on getting a lightning Maf next year and getting it retuned, hoping to break 300whp with what I have.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
The first version had almost a 100% failure rate
That's a little high. Maybe a 20% failure rate, with the rest getting the free upgrade. They discontinued because the kit didn't sell well -- for some reason Neon's buy more S/C's than us Cougar owners.

I'd bet this place doesn't have them in stock, looks to be a drop-ship company that simply resells parts from other warehouses.

E1

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Every single one eventually failed
Not true. Many people upgraded PRIOR to any failures.

And I didn't pay the $1500, nor did Brad -- just complain enough and they upgrade you for free.

E1

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Symantecs, I know. But not every one of them failed, and you can't say 100% that every one of them would have failed...

E1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts