New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my visteon spoiler today, and it is so heavy that I have to guide the hatch all the way up before it will hold itself up. I need stronger struts to push the hatch up. Are there any direct-swap struts out there I can use?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
really? wow I didn't think it would be as heavy as the hi-rise spoiler. Sounds like maybe you've got weak struts, or maybe only one spring popping the trunk open.

Mike

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
get em from here RockAuto I have em on my car and they are better than they ever were.. super easy to install too (I didn't do mine but I watched and helped)

SACHS Part # SG304039 hatch lift support; w/wiper; w/spoiler $12.55 EACH!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Sweet I have been looking for those.

Thanks Crispy

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
w00t! me too! :biggrin:

mine are having the same probs as Sapien's - um... how much would shipping be to Canada Land?? heeh. :)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
they work REALLY well.. my spoiler is pretty heavy too... and it will keep the hatch partially open at shows without slamming down..

Matty.. specify your postal code and Canada and you can see shipping costs.. it might be insane and if so I guess I could have you ship em to me and I ship em to you via US Mail?

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
ye that would work! and actually - even if you just bring them with you to cougarfest, and we have a little Crispy / Matt mod session :wiggle:

·
Administrator
11,562 Posts
I have a set of 90lb lifters I got off a member. They work great & install easy. They actually lift the trunk higher than the stock ones...and quickly.

WORD OF ADVICE...find a pole or 2x4 to prop the trunk up when replacing the sides. You think it's too heavy now try holding it up while popping in a lifter...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been also having the problem of the hatch not lifting high enough when I pull the lever from inside the car, so when I go around to the back, the hatch is loose, but still locked in. When I took off the carpeting from under the hatch, it popped alot easier because it was lighter. My struts are probably too weak, so hopefully this might fix that as well. I ordered them last night. Thanks again Crispy. -Nate

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been also having the problem of the hatch not lifting high enough when I pull the lever from inside the car, so when I go around to the back, the hatch is loose, but still locked in. When I took off the carpeting from under the hatch, it popped alot easier because it was lighter. My struts are probably too weak, so hopefully this might fix that as well. I ordered them last night. Thanks again Crispy. -Nate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts