New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good car MP3 player, but I want one that fits our weird DIN configuration. (i.e. NOT a 1 DIN player with face plates on top and bottom). I know this limits me, but I'm real picky about how the stereo looks.

Apparently, the Visteon MACH MP3 fills the entire DIN perfectly with moderate modification. (i.e. Dealer install) However it cost about $300 plus whatever ungodly amount they'll charge for installation.

Does this seem like way too much for an MP3 player? Does anyone know of a better one that will completely fill the DIN (no faceplates)?

G

·
$300 really isn't that much for a car MP3 player. Check out the prices at Crutchfield. Cheapest is $230. Now I don't know about the features or quality you get with these units...

G

·
I have an awesome mp3/cd player thats new from Sony. it cost around $400 but its really worth it. It plays cds, cdrs, and cdrws, that means you can put mp3s on a cd and just play them in your car. I have like 3 cds with over 200 songs on each. If you are smart you can take all cds u have now, rip the songs off of them into mp3s, put them all on a few cdrs, and sell the original cds to a store that buys them, my head is already paid for by doing that.

vinny cozzarelli

G

·
The Metro kit (pocket below the headunit) fits very well...looks like a factory install. Check out the threads on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.