New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SCRAAAPE! Well, I knew it was going to happen eventually. I managed to go just over a week without creating any visible damage. Now there's a big slice of paint missing, and it looks like CRAP! Please tell me I'm not alone. I guess that's what I get for not raising the car first. It's a good thing the kit is pretty flexible, so it didn't crack, just needs more paint.

At least a guy complimented my car at the gas station today, I still feel like an idiot though.

G

·
Yea how bout this?
Getting gas, and got so close I scraped up the passenger side (right under the door) on the little island thing! I have a contour, and I felt so stupid cuz this soccer mom in her big ol' SUV watched me do it... *sigh*
Oh well, I feel your pain!
Andy

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Well, I have the Razzi kit, but I know how you feel. Some idgit at Sears tire center banged up the front dam when he slammed it into a parking curb after fixing a flat tire. Needless to say I was severly pissed off..

Best thing I can say is, go buy some touch-up paint to match your car and get to work. I did that with mine, and it looks so much better.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I also have the Razzi kit and my car sits pretty low to the ground in the front. I have problems going over some speed bumps. But My front end looks pretty rough too. I think we all need to find us our own town to live in w/ no bumps, curbs, holes in the roads,etc.....

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
don't feel bad katnyp... i own two ... yes two front lips just for the sake that i constantly break them... 2 weeks after getting them i hit a construction pothole (wasnt' there the day before) and scraped it all along... got that paitned... then i went up north, found the best twisty roads every, over the hill were 8" ruts... result was a two piece front air dam... got that fixed too... not long after i hit "wood is my enemy" on the expressway... luckily for insurance i got a new front lip... then i went racing.... hit some debris, result is another two piece spoiler... that one is now fixed also just needs a little sanding and painting... and the first lip still needs to get it's hole fixed.... anyhow get used to it and i would recommend you take up body work as a past time... if you wanna stay low... especially in my area... i know i did

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah littlefishie, there are always witnesses.

Almost forgot, Razzi is much like Visteon in how they attach, lowers the car 2-3 inches all by itself. I agree, we totally need our own town...smooth driveways, 2" wheelstops and curbs, and while we're at it, let's build a "Welcome to Lowersville" sign that crosses the road at 6' above the ground, to block out all the SUVs. OK, maybe I'm taking this a little too far. Guess I'll never be a Mayor.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I have learned a little body work, but never painted yet. I would love to learn sometime...just not 'rushed' by my new fuglied front end.

BTW, what should a single front end cost?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've had the visteon kit on for about 3 months now..baaarely scraped the front twice since installing, no visible damage luckily. I've learned to avoid anything that even looks too steep and attack smaller inclines at about a 20 degree angle. Pisses of ppl behind ya, hehe.

Later, yo

Mike

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See, I had no trouble getting into the alley, just too tough to make the angle getting out. I definitely get the raised eyebrows when exiting a parking lot....hogging the 'entry' lane with my butt end.
Last night trying to get out of Safeway, I was balancing on the front right and rear left wheels (low centered?), the front left wheel just spinning in the air. Gotta love the cougar's stiff chassis!

G

·
I have the wings west kit ans the paint is almost completly scraped off of the bottom. You cant see it unless you bend down and look under there but I think I am going to get mone reapainted anyway.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i know all to well how you all feel.. i have the razzi kit and the other night we were on our way down to the bars and i was driving on 83 when the car infront of me kept hittin his brakes and sh*t, so i dropped it to 4th and proceeded to pass that idiot, well right when i did so, my friend was like "OH SH*TTT" i never even saw it, but he said it was a rabbit.. well needless to say, i ran that SOB over and i swear that rabbit must have been eatin his wheaties or something cause that bi*ch completely split my front lip in half... must have been a big ass rabbit, cause i thought i had more clearance than that... anyho.... i wann get the visteon front lip now.. how do you think that would look with the rest of the razzi kit??? anyone have pics of this?? peace

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Touch-up paint is my new friend.
Looks pretty good now, as long as you don't kneel down to look at it.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yeah, thats how mine is, its ok if your standing looking down at it, but Once you get close, you notice all of the little knicks and scratches on it...

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
another thing i can recommend for you katnyp is door moldings.... my ***** is black so it worked for me... not sure on your car... but i bought a roll of the rubber moldings you put around the door jams so you don't ding the other car in the parking lot... anyhow i put that all along the bottom edge of the front lip... once i get my website back up i'll post a pic but it actually looks pretty sharp and it saved me from many a scraps

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PuckPuck, what about that carbon fiber skid plate you were gonna do?
If only the front lip had a flat bottom to mount something to. *sigh*

I'm not sure how door molding would look on white, let me know when your site is back up, I would like to see how you did that. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.