New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to make the hoopscoop functional?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
If you mean open to the engine compartment you would need to cut a hole in the hood under the scoop. You would also need to fabricate some kind of trey to catch water that could run off underneath the scoop and not get in the engine bay. If you are wanting to make it a ram air set up. You would need to fabricate a tube or something to direct the air to the intake and filter. Also, there is very little clearance under the hood to do that and not hit the engine when you close the hood.
Good Luck!

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
and **if** you do please tell us all... you aren't the first to try this... to date success rate is 0%

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
I've considered the same thing myself, I just haven't figured out how to make all the clearances work out. Definately post the solution if you figure one out.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a ram air hood and dynod and got like 25 more hP.....

But then i had to put my hood back on

HAHA....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
before i decided to stop modding my car, i took some measurements, and you have about 4 inches of cleareance between the hood and the engine, i was thinking of some sort of flat collector with the air tube collecting at the rear side towards to intake.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
mprtklr - did you measure from the hood or the reinforcment ribs... when i measure i had about 1" clearance where the ribs are and that was my problem, getting by the ribs without cuttign them... or i would of already had one in place

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well good point, i dont know, i could not see what i was measuring, i took a piece of string and tied it to the underside of the hood and put a flat dish of chalk on the engine, and lowered it down, then pulled it out and measured how high the chalk went.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts