New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really just want the visteon hood and I was wondering what the best way of purchasing that would be? Obviously I need silver and how much does it cost to paint? Any information would be appreciated thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
order the Zn hood scoop from your dealer, have them paint and install it

The scoop should run about $130... mayube $200 for them to repaint it and install it..

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Geez... my dealer told me they weren't even selling the Zn scoop yet... and when they do, it would cost like $250 - $300 and didn't mention anything about painting and installing... My dealer knows nothing about doing anything to a Cougar other than driving it though...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I should be receiving the hood scoop and the wing in the mail tomorrow or Tuesday! ChromaCougar gave me the info on who to call(thanks dude). I guess I will pass it on to you. Call Gary Starr at 1 800 549 2005 and tell him you got this info off of NECO. He will give you prices and inventory levels on those items(I believe he is in California). You will be calling him at a Ford outlet store....or something like that.
I also went to my dealer and they had no clue what I was talking about.
Once I get everything on, I will post pics.
Later dudes!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the information I just called up and ordered one myself, and how much did anyone pay to have them paint and install it? Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much was it from gary Starr...just wandering what price you all are getting...thank you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine was $113 and I purchased it today, he told me that there was a sur charge and 10 for shipping, but he said Id have it real quick and hes realy nice, Id call him!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just got my hood scoop back from the shop...$50 to paint it! Thats the best price out of like 5 shops I called. They said it would be about another $50 to install it, but Im thinking about doing it myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so I just got my zinc yellow scoop today, I take it to the dealer to have them paint and install it, and can we say dumb? Ok so they tell me that yeah they can paint it but no one knows how to install it?!? Hello, aren't you a Mercury dealer, so now what am I supposed to do? Any help would be GREAT! Thanks~!

·
Registered
795 Posts
well ... i got mine installed at the dealership and there was no template or anythiing... but they figured it out... it was not difficult...
my dealership is in WI ... but the # 1-920-497-2525 ask for the bodyshop.. and i am sure they can tell your dealership how to do it if needed

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Just keep in mind I am working to see if I can get the Visteon suff at a discount since they are getting out of the kit side.. My post is in General Info and Ill update it as soon as I know more..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My LM dealer flat out REFUSED to install my scoop. They didn't want to replace my hood if they messed it up. I made my own template, taped it to the hood, and started drilling. Scoop lined up great. Now if I wasn't such a dumb ass I would have used shorter screws. They were too long and started to dimple the scoop up. Now I gotta pull it of and bring it back to the body shop and get it fixed and repainted. Use short screws!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.