New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guyz I'm having a problem installing my scoop. I was wondering if any of you who have this had any problems fastening it to the hood. It seems that there are no threads in the studs on the scoop, thus, no screw will fit in. I'd appreciate any help :):confused:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Do you mean that the screws are stripped and just spin? If so you might just want to go with a larger screw. The scoop is plastic and a slightly larger screw would fit into the hole, and it will drill the hole larger for you while you screw it in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not the screws, it's the holes underneath the scoop. There are no threads so I think I'm gonna have to go with your idea Fett. I'll have to get self-threading screws that are slightly larger than the holes, and just make my own threads. Sound good?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yea, mine were like that too. Of course I didn't pay attention when we put it on, but I asked Nola what he thought about your scoop (he helped me with all my installs), and he said that mine were like that too. Well, his exact words were "Dude, what are you a moron? You needed to thread yours when we put it on...weren't you paying attention?"

me: "Uh, no. When was the last time I actually paid attention to things we did?"

Nola: "Oh yea...good point." :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts